Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Iguana be your friend


One thing I really wanted to see in Puerto Rico was an iguana. We rented a car to get to old San Juan and along the way, I saw several iguana roadkills. How sad! I hoped to see a non-squashed one, too. We drove through El Yunque, the rain forest, and I finally glimpsed my first live iguana!! He darted out in front of my car, and I slammed on the brakes. Coming to a sudden, screeching stop, the car went pathump and squish and the iguana was no more.


I am a murderer.


*Photo is of non-victim iguana from Fort San Cristobel in Old San Juan.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

!!!
You make baby jesus cry!
In elementary school, my friend Eric made me take care of his creepy pet iguana everytime his family took a vacation to his fabulous beach house in rehobeth. I thought it was going to be fun, but he never did anything except sit on the stupid heat rock, making me think he was dead. I'd wave lettuce temptingly in front of his little iguana mouth and he'd just sit there with that dead eyes stare as if to say "You're not Eric, and I'm not eating until he comes back!"

One year I really thought he was dead, seriously. It turned out he was hibernating.

3/07/2007 05:22:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

That's a good story. I like iguanas. I think they are cute. I saw one on the side of I395 once. I could not stop to save him. I am sure he was run over.

3/07/2007 05:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you trying to make me cry for all the poor iguanas?

3/07/2007 07:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home