Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, March 12, 2007

First day

I could hardly sleep, I was so anxious about starting my new job. You know, the new job that is going to shoot me to the stars, it will be so damn great.
I slept with one eye open and a bladder full of tea because I read a book in which the main character (it was a biography, so is she still a character?) was too broke to pay for an alarm, so when she had important things to get up for, she would drink a huge glass of water. Hence the tea and the full bladder. Hey, it works. I got up early.
I got myself ready. I made some fresh coffee. I got my tail on the road a full hour before I needed to be here. Traffic was not bad. I got to work in half an hour and it is 20+ miles away. (Hey Brian, Parkway rocks!)
I got to the door of my new office and pulled. It is a push door. That will take some getting used to. I was greeted by a very happy-to-see-me HR girl. That is a great way to start the day! She looked like she wanted to hug me, but opted for the handshake instead, only admitting later, after I was hugged by another one of the girls, that she too, had wanted to give the Bug a hug.
I met everyone. Ever notice how men in suits all look the same. I have no idea who any of them are. I feel like I met the same guy over and over again.
I have a nice little area. It is private and all mine. I even have windows.
I am so bored. I am not certain what I should be doing. I am completely retarded when it comes to the phone, so I have reverted to taking hand written messages. Whaa? I know. I will taking shorthand dictation next. (No dictation jokes. You know you are more clever than that!)
Here is to hoping that I figure out how to get in the front door tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger DCSportsChick said...

I was thinking of you and the new job.
Who wouldn't want to hug the Bug?

3/12/2007 05:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you the Parkway kicks butt.... as long as no one wrecks, then you are trapped with no where to go...

I found this picture of you arriving at your new job, Enjoy!!

http://www.southscene.net/images/FarSide.jpg

3/12/2007 05:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really think that you will be promoted to vice president in the next couple days, just like in the movies, the boss guy will run into you and say "This is exactly that kind of person I want running the so-and-so department!"

What can you see from your window?

3/12/2007 06:51:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Aw, thanks, DCSC!

Haha, Brian. That is my favorite far side ever!!

I was really bored today. The first couple of weeks are always hard because you have to figure out what to do. I just hope that I get really busy, soon.

I can see streets and buildings. But I can also see in the FAR distance, the Washington Cathedral. Pretty.

It is weird to eat lunch at my desk. That is what they all do. I miss my old lunch room. And all my girls there.

3/12/2007 09:53:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww damn Brian! You totally beat me to the punch on that one.

Good ol' midvale. *chuckle*

3/12/2007 10:21:00 PM  
Blogger Law-Rah said...

DCSC beat me because all I want to say now is "hug the Bug"

3/13/2007 09:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home