Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Stranger watching

I was at Starbucks ordering a grande skim 1 pump mocha, 3 pump peppermint syrup, no whipped latte. (This causes much chagrin for the barista. Someday I am going to change it up to be a grande skim decaf, extra shot, 1 pump mocha, 3 pump raspberry syrup, 1 squirt caramel sauce, no whipped, extra hot latte. But I haven't had the courage yet.)
Anyhoooo, there was a girl in line in front of me. Had she been dressed in business clothes, I would have thought she was in her late 30's. As it was, she had a ponytail, of the loose variety, and sunglasses on her head. Her attire consisted of a short mini skirt (That means really short because mini + short.. wow), a tank with the bra straps brazenly revealing themselves and flip flops. She had tattoos all over her joints. (i.e. ankles, wrists... not knees or elbows.) The tattoos were typically tribal symbols and assorted other meaningless stuff. She was leaning on the counter like she was super cute and super young. Her flip-flops flapped each time she'd raise herself up on her toes, arch her back and then flop down again. She decided to make a call on her bedazzled phone. I did not get a chance to see if she was wearing any rings, but due to the time of day and her clothing, I would say she does not have a nine to five. But I could not tell if she was a kept woman. She did not look like a mom. Maybe she was really young and just looked really old.
No point to this story. Just wanted to share the stranger I viewed with you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a winner. Wish I had been with ya so I could have rocked a lil stealth camera action.

8/09/2006 02:50:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

I really thought about snapping a picture with my phone, but I figured that I could not capture the beauty that it was as well as your imagination could. Stupid grainy cell phone cameras.

8/09/2006 03:00:00 PM  
Blogger Run said...

Were you in a Starbucks in NJ?

eheh

8/10/2006 08:17:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Oh man! Once, in a Weehawken CVS, I saw the elusive Jersey Girl. Teased, frosted hair. Bon Jovi Muscle shirt over spandex teal tank top, gray acid washed jeans, strategically slashed to display teal spandex bike shorts underneath. Frosty pink lipstick and blue eyeshadow. LA Gear (or Reebok) high tops with the thick socks (teal) that you push down to create that swell Flashdance effect. Smacking gum like it was her job!

8/11/2006 02:06:00 PM  
Blogger Run said...

HA! I think they're becoming endangered except for the Hudson County area. I try to take a pic of one when I see one.

It's like sighting a rare bird or something. lol

8/16/2006 09:03:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Do! I followed that girl all around the store. Trying to witness her in her natural habitat.

8/16/2006 11:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home