Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Hmph, stupid Blogger.

I had written all about how me, Marci and the Chanuck went to Old Town last night to see the old Wilson Bridge get blown up. I wrote about the pedantic boy/man who stood next to us. (All of it gone. Stupid Blogger. Now I have to write all over again.) I wrote about how people who plan to get certain degrees should not say they are going to be doctoral candidates or lawyers until they are actually IN the program. (Like the guy I met in Colorado who told me he was getting his doctorate and I asked what his thesis topic was, and he told me he hadn't decided yet. He was going to go ahead and get his Associates degree first. I thought that was probably a good idea.) The man/boy of last night said he was going to be a lawyer. But he just started his first semester at working on his undergrad. Um, you've gots a ways to go before you can lay claim to a future law degree, sweet friend. (Don't get me wrong, I am all for dreaming and planning out a future. Just have the future in sight before you announce it to me, please.)
So, we stood in the blasted and strange heat of midnight in August until finally at midnight:30 we heard kapow kapow powpowpow! Either someone got shot, or that was what we came for. We saw nothing! Anticlimactic to say the least. We went and consoled ourselves with a Hefeweizen at Clydes.

This morning I got up to go to traffic court for driving badly. Boy, the courthouse is hard to find. I left at 8:15 and arrived at 9:15 and it is only 16 miles away. Tricky. The first person I run into? My first grown up boyfriend whom I have not seen in 10 years. He is a detective now. Hmm. We talked for a second, but he had some work to do, so off he went with promises to come back. I had to sit in a courtroom, and you know how long these things take, so I figured I'd see him during the course of my courtroom detention. At 9:30 the court was called to session.
Bug Ah Bugger?
Yes, your honor?
You are free to go.
Wee hoooooo, and off I went. I sat in the hall for a couple of minutes, but ex did not reappear. I felt stupid sitting there and had to get to work, so I left. But I would have loved to talk to him. I think that man would have married me. (I don't think I would have married him, though.) It throws me for a loop, running into him. I wonder how I would react to seeing the rest of the cast and crew that has been my dating life. I really don't ever see any of them, except maybe one, regularly. It's curious the different paths a life can take. I wonder where I would be had I chosen any of them fellers to be my permanent man. I don't regret any of my choices though. They all made me into what I am today. (Be that what it may.)

6 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

Most anti-climatic thing EVER! I did not get to sing Wilson Bridge is falling down, falling down, falling down like I wanted to. I really wanted to see the damn thing fall into the river. I guess it's my own fault for getting all fired about upon hearing the words "Blow up" and "bridge". Hmmm. Way to jump the gun Marci.

Was it the one who would not let you break up with him that you saw in the courthouse? A detective. Nice. Curious to think what would go through the mind though if presented with a line up of one's exes...

8/29/2006 12:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I bailed last second, but I head outta town on Wednesday, and since I just got back in town, I had a million of little annoying things to do. I'll bug ya Buggie once I get back after Labor Day!

8/29/2006 12:42:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

It was indeed that very same one, Marci. I must have broken up with him 421 times and he still reappeared. He was my groundhog day.
Yay, bug me, Sweet! We had a great time, but you missed nothing in regards to the bridge. NOTHING.

8/29/2006 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be an interesting idea to test out, just like in the movie 'High Fidelity', to see all of your exes in a lineup and see what has changed with them, how you've changed and to wonder what life could have been. That would be a fun evening but looking forward always offers more promising outlooks!

8/29/2006 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Law-Rah said...

I am going to be a lawyer. And where the hell was my invite to watch the bridge? I had to sit at HOME and sing about Wilson bridge falling down. I did sing it. At home. Alone.

8/29/2006 02:27:00 PM  
Blogger chanuck said...

Glad your court thing went down well. I am wipped out right now and need a nap big time. Still got to pick up DCSC tonight.
Sorry Law-rah, I did not have your email address. And DCSC was out of town I did not get to ask her. I think I saw the explosion better on TV anyway.

8/29/2006 04:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home