Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

So, going on vacation, huh?

Coworker: Well, my wife is not going on vacation with me.
Me: Why not?
Coworker: She doesn't think she can handle the plane ride.
Me: Can you drug her?
Coworker: It's not that. She has a condition where she needs to be able to get to a bathroom quickly.
Me: (flashing back to a car ride a few years ago when this same coworker told me if I were to buy a home, especially one I planned to retire in [I was 30 years old at the time], I should really consider making sure it has a bidet. Then he went into detail about why his wife needs a bidet which included something about lack of sphincter control.) Oh. {trying not to look grossed out.}
Coworker: Yeah, and now she has an infection that just won't seem to go away.
Me: (please stop talking, please stop talking.)
Coworker: That infection just makes her other condition worse.
Me: (Omigod, please don't tell me about her other condition)
Coworker: but she has been back and forth.
Me: To the bathroom?
Coworker: About the trip.
(Then he gives ME a quizzical look.)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eww eww! Why is it that some people think it's okay to talk about things like that? Please tell me you grimaced as he said this/

8/22/2006 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What the.......

who wakes up in the morning and says to themselves, "today is a good day to talk about my wife's problems in her nether region."

8/22/2006 12:00:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

...and now people are looking at me funny after I laughed out loud at "To the bathroom?"

8/22/2006 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

((blank stare))

Why? why?

Why do some people feel the need to share too much?

8/22/2006 03:15:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

If I were his wife, I would kill him. Can you imagine everyone at your sig. other's office knowing all of your troubles?
I can't understand how he does not see my eyes glaze over and my hand reaching for the panic button that is not there. If only I worked at a convenience store. But then the cops would get mad after a while.

Cops: Oh Buggie, stop calling us to make him stop telling you icky stuff about his wife.

8/22/2006 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger Law-Rah said...

Oh my gosh...um, I only skimmed over who said what and at first, I thought you were talking about YOUR wife and then I read on in disbelief that you were outing Marci's secrets in such a way. Oh my gosh!

8/22/2006 06:13:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh. My. Eeeew....
Is this the same guy who says "Wake up"?

8/22/2006 10:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll bet that the company picnics are pretty interesting!

8/23/2006 11:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home