Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Marci!!!

In honor of the Super* Baby's birthday, here is some banana fun for you.

Fun online games to play with bananas are tic tac banana; rock, scissors, banana; banana checkers; and who wants to be a banillionaire.

A slightly disturbing game to play with a banana goes as follows. "Ask for four volunteers and sit two of them on chairs. Put a banana between the legs of the girls sitting on the chairs and tell the other two they have to open and eat the banana without using their hands (handcuffs normally sort that out).The first girl to finish wins." From the nice people at EventWise.com.

Grand Junction, Colorado has a fun park called, yeah, you guessed it! Banana Fun Park!!! It's fun for all ages.

I wanted to talk about "banana" movies, but they all seem to be of the dirrty variety and I'm not comfortable with that. You, however, can have a look should you desire to by going here.

I can tell you about the B. Banana's favorite tv show. It's called Bananas in Pyjamas. They have a great theme song. Let's sing it together.

"Banana's in Pyjamas are coming down the stairs.
Banana's in Pyjamas are coming down in pairs.
Banana's in Pyjamas are chasing teddy bears.
'cos on Tuesdays they all try to catch them unawares!"
There is so much to discuss in those four short lines. What are teddy bears doing so that they are unaware on Tuesdays when apparently, they are so alert the other six days of the week. What's up with those crazy bananas? What were they doing upstairs prior to coming after the teddy bears? And why couldn't they be bothered to get dressed?
Some gift ideas for those of you who just can't quite come up with the perfect gift:

  • Show her you really care about her. Get her a beautiful 14-Karat Gold 3-D Authentic Looking Banana Charm. Save money, too! Originally this priceless gem went for $214.99. Now, you lucky dog, you can get it for the low-low price of $112.99!!!!! Hop to it!
  • While the date is a bit off, I'll bet this t-shirt would bring a smile to the BB's face.
  • A girl as pretty as Marci needs a cute little bag for her banana flavoured lipglosses. Please consider this as a gift option.
  • Yes there is a plastic container in which you may stuff your banana in order to keep it from getting smashed in your lunch bag, but Marci is much classier than plastic. Give her something porcelain, something Russian, to put her bananas in.
  • And finally, this would give her a place to rest post her weekly 2089 mile runs.
  • Do not give her real bananas. Thank you. You may buy ME a banana split if you so desire.

Should you need more gift ideas. Lemme know. I know just what she wants.

* Pheh, She is a super BABY. I dunno about the SUPER baby. I AM THE BABY, not Marci. Longstanding adopted sibling rivalry here. Love you M! (To the moon.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

8 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Sorry. You lost me at "stuff your banana".

8/18/2006 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

I knew I would lose people there. I was going to make a comment about how naughty that statement was, but then I wistfully thought, maybe no one will notice? But realistically, I figured you would comment on it better than I could.

8/18/2006 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger Hammer said...

Don't forget "Herbie Goes Bananas"!

'Cuz not just any VW Bug can break up a counterfeiting ring in Mexico you know.

8/18/2006 04:37:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Ah yes!!!!!! And it so neatly ties the Bug and the Banan together!

Together at last! Together forever. We're tying a knot they never can sever. And if tomorrow I'm an apple seller too, I don't need anything but you!

(I get a little punchy around 4:40pm)

8/18/2006 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

of course I menat the banana, not banan. it's just that the word makes no sense to me any longer as I have typed it 42 bazillion times today.

8/18/2006 04:49:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Dammit, and of course I meant Meant, and not menat.

Sigh. Typing is hard.

8/18/2006 04:50:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

OMG! I heart all thge banana games. And banana trivia. And banana-related presents.

I will spend all week banana-ing everything. Birthday week is not over!

Heart you my Bug for making the birthday super fantabulous.

8/21/2006 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

I think she may've broken the record for most comments to one's self on one post though

8/21/2006 02:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home