Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Off the top of my head

I have talked about him before, and here I am again. The morning radio show I listen to is Elliot in the Morning on DC101. This morning he had some unfortunate girl who avidly discussed her sex life which involved some things she will hopefully eventually come to regret. But that’s my opinion and not necessarily that of anyone else. But I guess the conversation got rather graphic as callers phoned in and Elliot was suddenly gone in favor of some rock music as DC101 is the only station that really ROCKS! I think that every time they bump Elliot for being too graphic, they should play “I Fought the Law and the Law Won!”

I woke up this morning and took out the recycling that comes on Wednesday. I was counting the days until payday and happy that the week was already flying by. Sat down at my desk and looked at the lunch calendar, moved it to the Wednesday page and thought, wait. It’s not Wednesday. It is Tuesday. What a honking pile of doody.

I have the craziest fan base! My ex and his girlfriend are back to reading my blog. We broke up almost a year and a half ago. Well, me and the guy. I have never met the girl. I should say hi! How is it going? How are you two kids doing? Say hi to Jessica and Brian for me. If you read my blog, you should leave comments every now and then.

I did not enjoy a creamsicle yesterday on National Creamsicle day, but I did take my left handed mother out for breakfast on National Left handed people day on Sunday. (Uh, she took me out. But I cheersed her left handed!)

Would I still be cool if I brought “Near Beer” to the next baseball game? Because DC Sports Chick, you are killing me! You would have thought all that beer would have made me think that the ugly baby was not so ugly… But alas.

Finally, I have a question. If you weren’t going to use your car for a year would you store it or sell it?

10 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Store it. The money one would get for a car would probably be dwarfed by the money it would take to buy another car after the year was up. I mean, presuming one was going to buy a car again.

And seriously, this left-handed day was crap. This lefty got nothin.

8/15/2006 09:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Store it. And what is this 'near beer' you speak of?

8/15/2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

sell. only cuz housing a car for a year does bad things to tires and what not. What about leasing it to someone for that year instead?

and how are you able to figure out who's taking a gander at your site? teach me! teach me!

8/15/2006 10:40:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love Elliot.

I hate when exes and new girlfriends read. LOSERS! GET YOUR OWN LIVES!!!!

Sell the car. The crap you will have to go through getting it juiced up etc, plus what you will spend to store it will outweigh the selling of said car.

8/15/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, storing a car doesn't do bad things to your tires. That is an "old wives tale" in regard to dry rot of the tires. HOWEVER, the seals on a car do not like to sit idle. They will get nice and dry and soon you'll find you have a leak in your rear main seal or your valve seals are blown, etc....

Assuming the cost for storage is minimal and you've got someone who can drive the car from time to time, I would hold onto it if it's in good shape mechanically. Otherwise, dump it.

8/15/2006 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Being that it's a new car is good condition, I would keep it and make the people that love you take care of it from time to time. If you send them wine, I am sure they wouldn't mind.

8/15/2006 05:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Store it. And still? Still looking? Even after the shout outs? Good lord. J

8/15/2006 06:35:00 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

So, are you not telling us why you are asking this question or are things still up in the air w/that?

8/15/2006 07:02:00 PM  
Blogger Run said...

Store it. I don't know what it does to the car but I just don't like dealing with buying/leasing a new/used car or even renting a car. I'm lazy that way.

Oh boy, I forgot that Elliot took the DC job! I really hated him and was so glad to seem him leave Z100 NYC. Elliot and I never saw eye to eye. We've argued on air a few times but then again so had most of the tri state. Glad he's finally at a rock station, he sounded like he was going into a full body dry heave every time he played a New Kids song. (oh frig what an awful flashback I just had!)

8/15/2006 11:35:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Aw, poor I-66! I will cheers you left handed next time I see you!

Near beer is non-alcoholic. I think DCsports chick is trying to kill me. Maybe I can trick her into thinking I am drinking real beer if I bring kiddy beer in.

Tricia, email me. I will show you how.

Still, Jen.

Clussy, up in the air. Nothing has even happened. i just get excited.

BFF, I too am lazy. That's funny about Elliot. Wonder how different he is here than he was there.

Thanks for the advice. It is a question that may never come into play, but now I know. I may have to store it because I love my car! Thanks, again!

8/16/2006 08:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home