Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Lights out!

Ooh, my power just went out. That was kind of cool. Especially since I was sitting here with my laptop on my knees and it stayed on. Blessed battery. I used to love it when the power went out. We'd light ten million candles and cook by firelight. (Over candles? Naw.. silly... fondue.) The lights are back on now, but for a few moments, it was utter darkness save for the light from my laptop. I love that. I wish it had lasted a bit longer because to take away the sight so completely for a moment really allows you to focus on whatever is inside your head. (Though I hope to never have sight taken away from me.) But it makes you think about all the things you've got. Maybe I should stop crying about what I don't have, and dive into what I do. 'Cause as it turns out, I think I have quite a lot. Lucky.

3 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

:-)

The simplicity of a black out is awesome. Our lights didn't go out but I've got enough candles all over this house that it'd probably end up lit brighter than w/the flourescent lighting if it had gone out.

What I'm really looking forward to is being snowed in. Have I said that enough lately? It's just cuz I love that feeling of peace and not having to do anything because, well, you really can't (forget the fact that I bought a 4x4 so that I could drive in the snow) and all you do is, well, chill... Ohhhh, and irish coffees! I'm going off on tangents here.

Here's hoping I get a blackout soon.

Wait, did you have a glass of red wine at your side when this happened?

10/09/2005 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

No red wine. I think maybe a glass of white? Big B bought my mother a really nice Riesling for Christmas last year and I have tried to keep it in my fridge every now and then. It's yum.
I'm with you, Cluss. I love the snow. I have been snowed in before. Literally. The snow blocked my storm door and did not allow me to open the door. I was trapped until some nice stranger shoveled me out.
I love rainy/stormy/snowy days.

10/10/2005 09:10:00 PM  
Blogger Ross said...

Paulo loves you.

~Paulo

10/14/2005 09:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home