Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Hey, I have a quick question...

I hate the phrase "I have a quick question". What the hell does this mean? Are you going to ask me the question really quickly? This might be a problem as you might ask it too quickly and I won't understand and might have to ask you to repeat it and that would nullify any semblance of being a quick question. Or, maybe you are looking for a quick answer. Something that requires no more than a yes or no. But are you telling me beforehand that it is a quick question in order to keep me from giving more information than yes or no? Perhaps it is a question relating to actual speed. For example, I have a quick question. How fast have you ever driven in a car? But, were I to answer with say 25 mph, then it would not be a quick question. Or, maybe you are interested in Nestle Quik. But that would be a Quik question.
Stop prefacing questions with "I have a quick question." You already took up too much of my time just stating that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What's your point?

Cut to the quick already.

3/31/2005 09:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home