Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

40 new things for me

It's Lent, and while Catholic people are giving things up left and right, I decided maybe these 40 days would be a good time to start up some better habits for myself. Here is my list of 40 things that I would like to accomplish in the next 40 days. I can change the rules because I am not Catholic. So there!

  1. Better teeth habits. i.e. flossing.
  2. Exercise at least 20 minutes every day.
  3. No more chips. Not potato or corn. There will be none of that.
  4. Learn something new, like knitting or something.
  5. Drink more water.
  6. Go through my closet and get rid of stuff I don't use and organize the rest.
  7. Do a solid cleaning of my home.
  8. Clean my car. (Inside and out)
  9. Get my DVD player fixed or get rid of it.
  10. Get a shelf for over my toilet. (Lots of storage for me in there!)
  11. Organize my kitchen. Why do I have so much stuff in there? Get rid of the stuff I don't use.)
  12. Cut down on my sugar intake. Who needs THAT MUCH sugar?
  13. Spend more time with my mommy.
  14. Spend more time with my friends.
  15. Finish at least 3 books. (This is a sad addition, because I never used to have to force myself to read)
  16. Use moisturizer every day on my skin. No need to be a lizard. Yuck.
  17. Get my haircut. (This is a gimme...:)
  18. Dine in two new restaurants.
  19. Go to at least one museum.
  20. Do some random free event that DC always is offering and I never try.
  21. Get into 2004 in my photo album. (That would be a full year!)
  22. Get into a daily Glucosamine/vitamin regime.
  23. Take a class of some sort.
  24. Get my super long jeans altered to fit me.
  25. Wake up no later than 7:00 am on work days.
  26. Do my dishes every day.
  27. Put my clothes away right away.
  28. Figure out what is wrong with my bedroom lamp.
  29. Get a pedicure.. Or give myself one, because seriously...
  30. Send in my broken cellphone.
  31. Figure out how to get the pictures off my cellphone and onto my computer.
  32. Clean out my hall closet.
  33. Repaint the door of my bedroom closet.
  34. Repaint the bedroom wall that Snickers destroyed.
  35. Recycle.
  36. Apply nail strengthener to my nails every day.
  37. Give everyone the art they made on modern art painting day.
  38. Do something with the art I keep.
  39. Make that video tape I have not yet made.
  40. Transpose those tapes of Papa and his brother or give the tapes to Sven to do so.

That's it. 40 things I would like to accomplish in 40 days. I will keep track on here. I will make comments in another color to explain my progress. Maybe by March 20 I will be a better person. (By the way, this was started yesterday and Feb. 9 - March 20 is 40 days.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home