Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Sylvia

I was in my shower last week (yep, I shower once a month whether I need it or not!) and noticed a spider on my wall, inching closer and perilously closer to the shampoo bottle I was intending on using. I leaned in to check her out and contemplate if she was the type of arachnid to go on the attack. She was all sharp points, not rounded at all. But she seemed benign enough and I am not one that enjoys killing spiders. I left her be and reached for another bottle. The next day, I saw her coming to join my shower from the other wall. She was even closer to my exposed and very sensitive skin. I decided it was time for a talk. She told me her name was Sylvia and that she liked living in my bathroom. I told her that she was welcome to stay as long as she followed a couple of my rules.

1. Always be where I can see you.
2. Don't bite me or touch me and I won't bite or touch you.
3. No babies. This room is being rented as a single, only.

Well, the next day, she was hanging out on a bottle in a hanging basket in the shower. I greeted her and went about my day. The next day, she was gone. I was concerned. What happened? Where did she go? Another day went by and no Sylvia. I was brushing my teeth (dental health care is in your hands!) and felt something. I looked and rule three had been broken. Baby spider on my hand. Baby spider sent down the drain. Next day? Still no Sylv, but a dangling baby from the wall. Dangling baby down the drain.

Sylvia broke two of my rules. But I still worry about her. Mostly because I am concerned about rule number two!

2 Comments:

Blogger HaveYouSeenLucky said...

Is this some weird Sylvia Plath reference? Like the spider killed herself in your stove after giving her two baby spiders milk and bread?

5/19/2009 09:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Matt said...

You could lock the cat in the bathroom for a few days and let the problems resolve themselves . . .

6/02/2009 12:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home