Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bah. b Ha BAH...

One thing that makes me grit my teeth in frustration is bloggers who don't update their dang blog (see JT). No, see ME! It's awful. I just don't write when I don't feel like I have something that interests me to write about. But as Harmony says, free thought writing can turn into interesting reading. I like that girl, so I am opting to take her comments to heart.

Truth is that I am floundering a bit. I don't know which direction to head. I haven't gone searching for a job because I left my last job due to absolute boredom. I don't want to take on another position in which 90% of my time is spent trying to look like I have something to do. I am a "wear my emotions on my sleeve" kind of person and faking looking busy is not on my resume. I also don't want to work in a place where upward mobility is severely limited. C'mon! Give me a chance to work my way up!

People are constantly asking me what I want to do. Which is nice, because they honestly care, but the fact is that I just don't know. I can tell you what I don't want, but I have no idea what I do want. The last 8 or so years have merely fed into my negativity towards employment versus inspiring my drive to be an exemplary employee.

So I have thought harder. I want to be fired up! I want to have ideas. I want to be inspired. However, in the past few years, any of this kind of thinking on my part has been shot down. Unless of course it was an inspired idea of how to get my boss to be able to fly first class versus business for no additional cost.

Ack. I am whining. Now you understand why I am not writing more often?

3 Comments:

Blogger HaveYouSeenLucky said...

Okay, what's been shot down? Is this the AU thing?

Sign up for those classes at Arlington Independent Media now Now NOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

1/12/2009 10:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes you have to complain out loud to hear what it is that you need to remedy the situation.

1/12/2009 09:37:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Love you baby!!! Keep searching the right opportunity in right around the corner. I am glad you are writing, maybe it will inspire me too.

1/14/2009 03:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home