Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

What's sexy mean these days?

Marci’s blog alerted me to the fact that People Magazine released their annual list of sexiest men. Is People Magazine even relevant anymore? Is this list the only thing that makes us realize that they are still in publication? Well, in any case, I am on their site checking to see if I agree with their choices, because after hearing about a couple of them on the radio this morning, I think that maybe I need to understand what People’s parameters regarding “sexy” are.

Number one: Hugh Jackman. (Whom I keep renaming through my excellent typing skills as Hugh Jackson). LO-OVE him. Have from first sighting when I though he was a hairy, short little man. Apparently I thought he was Robin Williams. Turns out he is 6’2” and a sexy man beast who is not only happily married, but dad to two adopted kids that he frolics in the ocean with. What’s not to love? He is the perfect man. I love that he can go from titanium claw wielding mutant to a fey Broadway dandy and still be manly as all heck. Yes please!

Now, I must check out the others. Be right back.

2. Daniel Craig. The new James Bond. I just don’t get the attraction. Not to say he is ugly, but just not my type. He looks like he can’t speak and he has eyes that make him look like I do after Marci and I blog together. Not good. Disagree with this choice.

3. Jon Hamm. Men Behaving Badly star. He looks like a high school teacher. In the real world this guy would be hot, but in TV world, I am not sold on him either. (High standards, ladies and gentlemen. Deal with it).

4. Zac Efron. I am not allowed to say bad things about him or Harms kids will hunt me down and hurt me. (Though he looks like an elf, much like another young whippersnapper down the list. Is this what the youngsters find attractive these days?)

5. Robert Buckley. Who? Must be British, based on his teeth. Oh, wait. I know who this kid is. He was on some morning talk show once and was adorable.

I don't feel like linking anymore. You wanna see these guys, just go to the People Magazine link at the top.

6. Blair Underwood. When he was on The New Adventures of Old Christine, I was totally on board. He IS good looking, but again, my crushes stem from the characters they play in addition to their looks and he seems to play not so nice characters a lot. Though my favorite EVER episode of Old Christine involved her stumbling over herself when she tried to introduce her friends to him. HILARIOUS! Watched it over and over and over.

7. Ed Westwick. Gossip Girl lothario. EW. EW. EW. EW. This is one ugly child. And he always looks like he ate a piece of chocolate that went bad. (Slight smile, because it is chocolate; turned down mouth because it is gross chocolate). NONONO. He is not sexy.

8. Michael Phelps. No. Maybe he is sexy underwater?

9. Blake Shelton. Country singer? I don’t know who he is, but based on his photo, I veto him from the sexy list.

10. Lang Lang. Virtuoso. Uncreative parents. I believe that nerdy can be sexy. I don’t know about this nerd.

11. Mark-Paul Gosselaar. Zach? Do his friends call him Mark-Paul? It sounds like when my mom calls me by all of childrens’ names before she lands on the right one. If he cut his hair, maybe I would let him stay on the list.

12. Javier Bardem. You know, he rocked the page boy haircut in No Country for Old Men. He reminds a bit of Jeffrey Dean Morgan, who played Denny on Grey’s Anatomy. Yeah, Javier has a certain Je ne sais quoi.

13. Robert Pattinson. The vampire in the upcoming film Twighlight. Looks like an elf from the Lord of the Rings series. I dunno. He is too young for me to be looking at lasciviously. (HA! I jest! However, you got me with this choice. He is adorable, but sexy????)

14. Joshua Jackson. He has changed since his Mighty Duck days. I don’t know what to say. He does not strike me as sexy. He seems stern. Maybe it is just his photo. I dunno. These boys are all kind of boring. I am not inspired. Where are the guys that I would knock my chair over to run towards? Oh who am I kidding? I have far too much couth to ever act in such an unladylike way. HA!

15. David Beckham. Yes, until he opens his mouth to speak.

These are the men I would like to have seen. (In no particular order, and while this is already so long, with no explanation. If you need some, lemme know.)

Jason Statham
Ryan Reynolds
Jenson Ackles
Jeffrey Dean Morgan
John Krasinski
(Oh, and if I could go back in time, James Garner!)

That’s all I can come up with right now. Hmm, I seem to think the letter J is sexy, with just a little R thrown in for texture.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

uh, our drunken blogging is hysterical and painful to read.

11/21/2008 01:23:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I think the Tri is over him and Ty never cared bout him. So HATE away!!! :)

11/24/2008 09:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home