Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Back home and finally posting again.

Hoo boy. Hello.

Gosh, you know when you have meant to do something and then you don't, for whatever reason, and it just gets harder and harder to do? That could be my life paraphrased.

I had all sorts of things to still tell you. In Myrtle Beach, after talking to you all day (seriously, I sat in the lobby of my Motel for hours, typing away), I decided to try the ocean one more time. I walked along the sand and met a woman who was fishing for a shark tooth in the sand. She was not having any luck. She and her husband were there from Indiana and as everyone else was, were wondering if they should stick it out for the hurricane, or go home. I ventured back into the water where I met two people in MB for a convention and we played in the waves for hours, until the sun went down. Some redneck kid from Pittsburgh came through, marked by a jellyfish attack on his upper arm. It was time to head in. But, the ocean redeemed itself and was fully enjoyable on my second go round that day. Though its stripping me of my clothes did not end AND I received two thorough brain washings thanks to some wicked waves shooting up my nose.

The next day I paid a million dollars to rent a jet ski and fly down the inter coastal waterway at 80 mph. You should have seen my face aflapping in the wind. The jet ski rental owner met me on my way back and took me to lunch. Then it was time to head to Raleigh, NC to visit another friend. I hate NC. I hit a deer there once; I saw a kid walking down the street in Fayettenam carrying a handgun; and I got a speeding ticket. (The speeding ticket was on this glorious day of jet skiing. Yep. Frack. That's two on this trip).

My friend and I went to Asheville to see the Vanderbilt home "Biltmore". Unbelievable. We rented headphones to get the audio tour. What a great plan for the museum. This way they can have tons of people milling about, but no one says a word. They just all turn their heads to look at the same thing at the same time. Unnerving.

I made my friend go see "House Bunny" with me. I love Anna Faris. I just recently watched "Smiley Face" with her in it. She is hilarious! After watching House Bunny, I thought, hmm, maybe I will work out 8 hours a day and never eat again. Her body is ridiculous.

Staying in Raleigh was fun because my pal's friends rock! But soon it was time to go. I wanted to visit Melissa, but she was out of town.

So yes, I am back home. I got back about two weeks ago and popped in on my friend Jen instead of going straight home.

Walking into my house was wild. I did not recognize the place. It was spotless. I forgot the extend to which I cleaned it. The amount of mail was outrageous. There in the midst was that damn ticket from California which I have paid for in the meantime. The NC was dropped due to faulty machinery or something.

So, I am sure you are chomping at the bit to know what I have been up to since my return. Well, a lot of sleeping in. Pathetic. I also had lunch with a friend, a day of margaritas with Laura, studying for the GRE's, visited with my brother and my cat, had an interview, and mostly, I painted my apartment. Good Lord that takes forever!!! I had to tape and tarp and spackle and sand and prime and paint. Gah. It is done as of three hours ago. I love the way it looks. I painted the walls a very soft yellow and the dining room got a splash of color. (As did I. I was scrubbing paint off of my entire body every night for a week!). I don't need to see the inside of a Home Depot again for a while.

So, I am home and still unemployed. So if ya'll wanna hang out, gimme a call. Oh, and if you know a place where I can get a great bookshelf/entertainment center in a medium-light wood. (Not pine or oak) (not Ikea, West Elm or Pottery Barn) Please let me know.

Thanks again to everyone I got to spend some time with along the way. I truly enjoyed myself. Thanks!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Harmony said...

I want to hang out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/23/2008 10:24:00 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

i'm glad you're back! put me on your calendar for drinks please.

9/23/2008 11:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home