Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

News Talk Bug style

I listen to the news as I am driving down the street and there are only 3 things on people's minds these days. Casey Anthony; Hurricane(s) Gustav (Hanna, Ike and Josephine); and the 2008 Presidential election. I'm bored with it all. (sort of)

Casey Anthony is obviously guilty of killing her child. However she did it, be it an accident or not, she did it. The issue with her and the public is that she seems to be a sociopath and therefore does not react the way that a normal person would. People reporting on this case seem to be looking for a reaction, but sociopaths don't have the same moral code that regular people do.

The Hurricane is messing with my beach trip and I am bored with the political ramifications the storm and its' affect on New Orleans has. Besides, they never discuss the outlying destruction that Biloxi and Gulfport suffered during Katrina and Baton Rouge through Gustav. But most of all, the HURRICANE IS MESSING WITH MY BEACH TRIP!

This whole brouhaha with the Republican Vice Presidential candidate is dumb and boring. This is why I think that the President and VP should be voted for separately. I think also that it should not matter if the President is a Democrat and the VP a Republican (or whatever). They would keep each other in line. But keeping the two seats on individual tickets would keep us from ever having another VP like the one we have right now. (Cheney, right? Is he even still alive or are they pulling a "Weekend at Bernie's" thing on us?*).

* I stole this bit from some comedian I heard on XM

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your last comment cracked me up. Although I have to disagree with your characterization of the VP, I think they are pulling more of a "Weekend at Doctor Evil's" kind of thing on us. -Paul

9/03/2008 07:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I'm not American, I agree with you on the whole VP thing. Don't even get me started on Canadian politics! Love your blog.

Jeni

9/04/2008 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Are you still alive???

9/10/2008 08:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still recovering from your trip I assume :-D

9/22/2008 03:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home