Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Americans... still believe in an America where anything's possible...

- they just don't think their leaders do. - Barack Obama

I have never given much credence to the whole electoral process. I am completely guilty of taking our freedoms for granted. I know I am not the only one and during the 2008 election the masses demonstrated their understanding that in order for us to carry on in the manner to which we are accustomed we need to not just make our voices heard, but actually stand up and say something.

So we spoke. We got involved. I have never been prouder of us.

Part of me does not quite grasp the importance of this election. What is the big deal about electing a black president? I voted for the person I thought would most capably do the job. I am interested in how the enormity of the 2008 election will one day strike me.

Never before has the country the world looked at a US Presidential election with such interest. Never before have I looked at a US Presidential election with such interest. I hope that he lives up to our expectations. I am glad we surpassed my expectations.
I am proud to be American today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Harmony said...

Ditto!!!!

11/06/2008 07:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of Simon Cowell, America got it right.

:)

11/06/2008 01:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home