Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

More than words?*

I have never like Penelope Cruz. I don’t think she is all that pretty and I never like her in the roles she plays in American cinema. People have always made her out to be this great big star, but I have simply never seen it. Until I watched Volver. (Well, started watching Volver. I am only ½ hour into it. I’m a busy girl. I will get to the rest. Also, the film has not truly grabbed my attention, so it takes me longer to watch).

Suddenly I see what everyone else is talking about when it comes to P. Cruz. She seems so strong in her role. Her voice is deeper in Spanish. She is beautiful. Weird how I can’t see this when she is speaking English.

It makes me wonder how I am when I am speaking German, or when I am in Germany. Am I more interesting, or less? I know I am a heck of a lot smarter in English than in German, but how does that make me come across? Would people who don’t like me in one language LOVE ME if they saw me in the other?

*that is honestly the best title I could come up with. I am sleepy. Maybe I should try to come up with a German title. Lemme think... Nope, got nothing.

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

i can't stand p. cruz, esp. in Vanilla Sky and All The Pretty Horses (ugh).

if you're able to communicate more intellectually in english, i wonder if you're able to emote more easily in german, since you learned it from birth- maybe a more instinctual kind of communication would come more easily?

anyway.

11/20/2008 08:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home