Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

How patriotic I felt, until they actually called me in!

I voted for the President and came home to find a jury summons, my first jury summons, in my mail. Woo, I thought, as I opened the envelope. Alexandria is home to the federal court that tried the likes of terrorist Moussaoui and sniper Mohammed. I am gonna get myself on the jury of a REAL trial! I glanced at the form. Nope, I am a little juror, or in their words: Petit Jury. Bah. But I was still excited. I have never been on a jury before. What will my peers look like? How do I demonstrate how very bribe-able I am. (You want him to be found not guilty? Pay up?) Kidding, of course!

So I dutifully called in on the first night, only to find they did not need my services. I called every night to find the same. So tonight, Thursday night, I forgot to call until late. Oh, what does it matter? They don't need me, I thought. So I called. And they need me. Dang it. They need me. On a Friday. What the heck? I was feeling patriotic, until they let me get away with being patriotic without having to do anything. Now I am not even feeling bribe-able anymore. I have to be at court at 8:30 am. A.M. As in in the morning. I can't believe I have to go.

It better be a good case. And they better pay me. And I had better wake up in time. And what does "appropriate dress" mean to me... (tee hee).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't remember about your predicament of having to get up early until about 9:30 this morning. Hope you made it! In appropriate clothing (like that orange tube top, it's, like, wayyyy cute!).

11/21/2008 01:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least we got paid! Good to meet you! Link to my blog is below.....

11/21/2008 04:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home