Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Wheels on the car go round and round...

My mom is contemplating getting a subcompact car after years of driving around in a station wagon that allowed her the luxury of easy transportation of a variety of big/bulky things. I looked around and it seems that the top choices are the Nissan Versa, Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit and the Smart. We are going to test drive them tomorrow. Today's plans to do so were sidetracked by rain. Rain makes me melt because I am just soo darn sweet.

I am curious about these wee little cars. Anyone out there drive one? Any recommendations? She wants a very small, fairly inexpensive car. I see a man driving around Bethesda in some poison apple green one seater electric car. Where did you get that car, dude?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy drives a Nissan Versa that's a pretty nice, peppy little hatchback. We just bought it about six months ago and no problems other than some issues with the fuel pump (didn't maintain pressure after car was turned off leading to hard starts; handled under warranty as addressed by a TSB).

The Yaris strikes me as a little flimsy, but it's even cheaper than the Versa. I haven't driven the Fit but it looks a little nicer than the Versa and Yaris in terms of exterior styling (but I'm certain they all have the same basic interior.)

The Smart cars just scare me. Little peanuts driving around . . .

12/22/2008 09:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home