Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, August 08, 2008

Catching up

Before I got to my aunt's house in Portland, I went to the Wolf Haven in Washington State. There I got to admire wolves who had been given to the haven because of closed zoos and people who opted to get them as pets until the animals turned on them. I was there by myself with a family of a boyfriend/girlfriend and their two children. This tattoed man would not shut up. He kept talking about his shepherd and asking questions about who people get wolves and which dog breeds get bred to make wolf hybrids. I foresee a new wolf in the haven in a few years.
After leaving, I was driving on the highway by the haven and had to slam on my breaks brakes (sigh. Why am I becoming dumber on this trip?). There was a black wolf on the street. Hmm. Aren't they supposed to be preserving the lives of wolves? Or maybe that wolf was just there to visit?

Yesterday I drove along the Oregon coast. It sure is cold out here. I have had to wear a jacket for a good portion of my trip. (Even so, my arms are brown and the rest of me is whiiiiite. I am going to look weird in a swimsuit). I went up to a lighthouse (my second of the trip. The first was at Navy Pier in Chicago) and met a couple from Vancouver. They were so great that I forced them to let me tag along with them. They told me they would be dune buggying and then I wanted to do that too. The coast has a ton of dunes and so I am going to attempt to go dune buggying and sand surfing today. Wooooooooo!

I also went to the Sea Lion Caves. Stinky.

To truly appreciate this picture, grab a dirty, wet dog and rub some fertilizer on him. Hold him under your nose while sitting in the freezer. Have all the neighborhood dogs growl and bark at you and then you can get a feeling for being by the sea lions.

I will be in California tonight, unless of course my natural talent for sand surfing comes to light and I am signed to a national contract and have to quickly get to China to represent my country.

Happy 8/08/08! It should be a lucky day! Are you feeling lucky? Well, are ya, punk?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know that smell!!!! thats what it is like on a cold, wet winter training night with all the other dogs in k9 and one of them is stinky - great isn't it???

8/09/2008 06:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home