Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Victoria.

Yesterday, I spent the day in Victoria. I remember my dad saying that it was one of the most beautiful places he'd been. I think I have looked forward to checking it out my whole life.

I drove to Butchart Gardens (which I had a really hard time finding and thusly spent an inordinate amount of time driving through the 'burbs of Victoria). The garden was packed to the brim with people, but check out these beautiful flowers and you shall understand.



Then I drove into Victoria and shopped a bit. I bought a t-shirt at Roots with "1973" on the front. Great year, that was. I still had some time to kill prior to getting on my ferry to Washington State and so I went to see the film "Journey to the Center of the Earth". It was in 3-D and it was pretty good. I liked it, anyway. Some of it was a little cheesy, but it is a kids movie and some of the cheesiness was due to the 3-D factor. Therefore do not watch it unless you can do so in 3-D. Plus, there is a scene where the kid is leaping onto these rocks that hover over an unending abyss. This made me feel sickly because I envisioned him falling off. Gah.
This is Victoria, as viewed from my ferry. Two violinists were playing music on the ferry. They were passengers and simply did so to terrify me and two German tourists whom I bugged during the ride over. It terrified us because the Coast Guard rode next to the ferry with a huge weapon manned by a man on the helm. Uh... We had visions of the Titanic and the violin music was played there, too.

I got into Port Angeles late and stayed at a wee little hotel. Back in the States. Thanks for the entertainment and the coffee, BC.

2 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

The colors in those gardens are so gorgeous! I want the red flowering plants/shrubs. Any chance you know what they are called?

Thanks for sharing the pretty pics, Lucky girl!

7/30/2008 10:25:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

The red ones are snapdragons. They just planted a ton of them. They were sooo pretty.

7/30/2008 01:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home