Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Why? Oh, ming.

I started out the day in CO where I passed the Budweiser brewery. I veered off of my path when I saw a sign for a Natural Rock Bridge. I drove into the nothing for several miles until I found a bunch of families picnicking (think Hain's Point). The bridge was pretty, though. It was naturally formed and some of the pioneers on the Oregon Trail (were they adventurous) would go through this area, though it was treacherous terrain.

I opted to hike up to the top of the bridge...in my flip flops. They say I am brilliant! Now, I am just about an hour away from Yellowstone National Park. I was closer for a while, but my gas tank was getting precariously low and there were no gas stations in sight, so I had to turn around and drive back 30 miles. In the meantime I saw a moose, a deer and a rainbow. I bet this house has a pot o'gold in it.

These are some of the mountains that are around me. Pretty, huh?

Finally, I stopped and enjoyed some Moose Drool while eating a cheese Quesadilla.


Now I am tired and can't think straight. I bought a cool cowgirly shirt in Cheyenne that I may wear tomorrow and then find someone to photograph me. We'll see how persuasive I can be.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mountains look terrifyingly beautiful.

7/21/2008 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Yeah, those mountains are stunning! I need to do some more traveling. I can see why gorgeous scenery and family loving would keep you stuck in CO (and 'puter issues).

Ohhhh, Cowgirl shirt! Must see! I'm hoping to find a cute one myself, along w/some cute boots and a girly stetson to complete the look. How was the Rodeo?

7/21/2008 01:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Hilarious that you thought hiking in flip flops would be a good idea.

And that's at least two spectacular rainbows so far. You've got to be right on top of the luck sister!

7/21/2008 08:31:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Cluss, the shirt is cute. i will wear it when you and I attempt to convince people we are both working cowgirls. I missed the rodeo due to the fact that no one seemed to know where it was...

Marce,
I did not think it was a good idea, I just went ahead and did it anyway.
The rainbows are great, eh? I would be more excited about them, but they just mean I am bringing rain with me everywhere I go. It poured in Yellowstone tonight. At least I am helping staunch the fear of fire...

7/22/2008 12:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home