Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hello again

I got to Colorado on the 8th. I have been busily helping my sister and her family live their lives and have been thusly ignoring you, though I can hear your cries through the airwaves and other magical ways. It's been hectic!

So far I have celebrated a birthday with homemade ice cream cake that was quite delicious, as evidenced from my ingesting 6 slices...I got attacked by a dog. (And bared my glowing legs for all the world to see. Jeepers. But pale is the new tan, right?)
I turned the violence around and attacked some vicious deer that were sent by the WLM to get me.
I had a latte with a leaf in the milk made just for me.
I saw lard. Lots of lard...in big blue tubs... gross.
I roasted marshmallows over a fire while basking in a beautiful sunset (that I won't show here because you've already gotten two of them...though if you want it, just have to ask), under the protective gaze of the Rocky Mountains.
My sister volunteers for both Meals on Wheels and a pregnancy crisis center. I went along to the center and helped sort baby clothes for a couple of hours. Then today I went along on the MOW route. I really ought to volunteer more. MOW is really neat because the people you deliver meals to are very interesting. One lady we visited lived in a home that was piled high with junk. She had several cats with extra toes (somehow I managed to pull poly dactyl out of my rear) and we got to talking. She seemed so with it and pretty cool. It made me so sad to think she had to live in that kind of squalor. Another man we visited is 83 years old and he still tools all around the country, visiting his family. He was great to talk to.
Later we went to the sculpture garden and met a lady who takes her two cockatiels with her every where she goes. Weird.
My bedroom is my nephews room. I have to climb a ladder to get into bed because his bed is a top bunk with a desk underneath. Last night I dreamed I was trapped in a black box and I woke up sitting straight up in bed, full of panic. I am glad I have not yet fallen out. I dream weird stuff at my sister's house every night.
It's going to be hard to leave here.

2 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

those pictures are so dorky that they're cool.

7/13/2008 01:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh, Snow Cap, the finest and most silken, velvety of lards. One lard to rule them all. Like the perennial mountain-peak snows for which it is named, it sits atop my food like some light & fluffy confection.

7/14/2008 10:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home