Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Excitement

I have been attached to my computer like it was my full time job because I got a little cocky and looked at a movie download site that then went on to gleefully infest my computer with viruses and adware and spyware. Delightful. I have been cleaning and decontaminating and raging. So, I may have a future in IT, as my old company seemed to think I had. (Our IT guy had quit and I, along with the rest of my office, got an email from our HR lady that I would be the new IT person. Really? Me? What possibly made her think that I would be the one to take on that responsibility? Forward thinking? Did she know I had mad skills? Or was it more that she hoped it would all come crashing down on me and I would suffer...? Just wondering).
I am still in Colorado. It is great being with my sister. I just love it. I get to sink back to my youth and let her guide me all around town. She cooks for me and entertains me and takes me to Starbucks for treats. I am going to have to leave her soon because I have places to get to and I don't want to spend this entire journey in a car merely trying to get someplace I won't have time to spend in.
But it is great here. See some of my grand adventures...
Yesterday I watched my niece shoot her .22 rifle for 4H. She's pretty good and totally looks like a badass when she's shooting. Check it out:
She shot a cherry tomato out of a hole. Yikes!

Then we saw a polka dot lipped calf:

Here is my sister's ginormous dog being "more cuter" though she looks a little unstable and a bit like a vampire bat.

Oh, and my older niece got her first car.

It is green...

It was nibbled on by a bear. Oh, the travails of living in the mountains.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

She's gonna need a bigger gun to fix the bear problem!

7/15/2008 10:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Peanuts t-shirt makes for an interesting juxtaposition with the rifle.

7/16/2008 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Molyneau said...

You SOOOO win in the kewlest blog category! Funny bear thought he found a sour apple Jolly Rancher! And, now I wanna sign up for shooting lessons!

7/16/2008 05:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted you to stay with the wife forever but the blogs are getting boring so back on the road Travelling Bug..entertain me :)

7/16/2008 10:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home