Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

The radio makes hideous sounds*

I have a long commute and usually like to catch up on the news, or whatever Elliot is currently obsessed with. Sometimes he gets boring or annoying or does really long commercial breaks, and I find myself flipping channels.
97.1 FM has been playing old school songs from my junior high days which I find wildly exciting. Yesterday I was "never gonna dance again. Guilty feet have got no rhythm". Today it was decided that "we don't need another hero. We don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the Thunderdome". Man, I miss making out with doorknobs and people calling me surfboard. (Maybe not really...). I do want to watch Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome again, though. I loved that movie. I loved Tina Turner and her goat horns. Mel Gibson (pre-obvious crazy) was hot. That one guy looked like a meercat. "Two man enter, One man leaves!" Yeah! I used to want to invite my former boss into the Thunderdome, but I couldn't find one within 500 miles.
 
I also occassionally land on 99.5 FM which used to be okay with the people who did it who made such an impression on me that I have no idea what their names are. (Mark and Kris? I just looked it up.) I can, however, tell you the names of the current three on what is known as the Kane show. Their names are Kane, Sarah and Samy K. I an guarantee one thing. HOT995 is hot in a way that an infant wouldn't even get burned. I hate them. HATE. This might be the stupidest radio show ever. Even more so than when Elliot gets on his stupid donkey laughing kicks. They sit around making stupid comments to which the other two will chime in with uncomfortable laughter. It's like they gave the nerdy AV club at a local junior high a shot at the microphones. (And I can talk about the nerdy AV club. I was in it.)
Seriously, end the madness. It is crap.

* Quote by Bob Dylan

1 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Ooh. Wham.

I mean, Wham!

Nowwwwwww who's gonna dance with meeeee?

5/03/2007 10:07:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home