Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

So damn insane

Wow, so they executed Saddam Hussein. I have to admit it is a bit shocking. On the other hand, he got an opportunity to meet with his half brothers, plan his last meal and pray before he was hanged. All those people he killed or had killed did not get this reprieve.
Maybe it is the darker side of me coming out, but I feel that if you are going to be executed for killing someone, you should be killed in the same fashion that you killed them.
I am not certain about my stance on corporal punishment. Part of me is all for it. Eye for an eye and all that. Realistically, though, unless you actually witness the guy kill the other guy, it is hard to prove guilt definitively. I don't want innocent people to be executed. That would put the government in the same category as murderers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find myself getting more and more apathetic about the issue of capital punishment. Even if you're certain the person deserved it, such as in this case, I still have to wonder if anything at all has been gained or any harm prevented by it.

At any rate, I'm not shedding any tears for him.

1/01/2007 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home