Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Light em up quick! Time is almost up!


I am so excited about the smoke ban in DC come January. I hate coming home reeking of smoke. I know that it will be frustrating to those who still smoke, but honestly I am surprised that people still smoke at all.

The people who will be most frustrated are the servers and bartenders. I remember working at Bennigans and we all fought over who got to work in the smoking section because those cats tip way better. Strange when you think about it. They need that money to buy cigarettes, right? Though in VA, cigs are much cheaper. Hmm, so much to think about.


The question now becomes: do the smokers tip less because they can't smoke anymore? Or do they tip more because they have more cash on hand?

5 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

I'll be interested to see what happens on New Year's Eve when people will still be able to legally smoke, but at 12:00am will they have to put any existing cigarettes out?

12/28/2006 06:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smokers tip more because they are the kind of people who "live in the now" without so much regard for their future, health-wise or financial-wise. Right?

12/28/2006 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

the smoking ban doesn't go into effect until midnight on the 1st so new year's eve revelers won't have to put out their cigarettes at midnight on the 31st.

i'm super excited for the smoking ban too!! yipee yipee i can't wait!!

interesting that smokers tend to tip more. i always tip well and i don't smoke. hopefully more nonsmokers will feel happy and cheerful because of the ban and start to tip better.

12/28/2006 09:34:00 AM  
Blogger recovering overachiever said...

I'm definitely excited for the smoking ban. I hate coming home smelling like smoke, but I also feel congested when I go places that aren't especially well ventilated.
Here's to health in 2007!

12/28/2006 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm waiting for the smoking ban in FFX CNTY. Now that would be awesome.

1/05/2007 10:55:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home