Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Gold Cup, 3 years running

Okay, it was HARD to get up on Saturday to get out to nowhere, VA to see the horse races. It may have had something to do with the snark and the vodka from the night before. Marci came over for our weekly "America's Next Top Model" get together on Friday night. But she got there late and it takes us a good two hours to watch that show as I feel the need to punctuate it with comments. We also like to wager on who is gonna be the next to go.. And Marci does a kickass impression of Tyra's ridiculous voice at the end of the show.

"In my hands I have the pictures of ten girls. The girls who are in my hands will go on to tease each other into vicious eating disorders. (Game on!!)"

Our night lasted well into the wee hours. What can I say. We like to chat. But 10:00 AM rolled around way too quickly.

To get to Gold Cup, one must take Rte. 66. GAH! Hate Rte. 66. HATE! H.A.T.E! People drives like exceptional idiots on 66. That's saying a lot in DC.

Once at Gold Cup, we had to park farther back. Whaaa? We always get rockstar parking. Oh Marci, I have a bad feeling. Sure enough, we won nothing. No bets, no baskets, no hotties. NOTHING! But we did score candy.


And booze. (Though they ran out of vodka pretty much right away, much to Marci's chagrin. She cried.) They did, however, have a ginormous bottle of Bailey's. Bailey's? Whaa? Why? There was not even coffee. Who drinks Bailey's? On a nice day? In the middle of the day..?

I wish I had some pictures of the fashion atrocities at GC. It seems that people use this occasion for the most ridiculous ensembles. Like skin-tight brown velvet pants, or a three inch white skirt on a 200 pound 5'3" girl. (NO!) One girl walked around, super important on her cell phone, never noticing her zipper was WIDE open. I would have told her but I did not want to interrupt her conversation.

Since I do not have photos of them, I do have a photo of me and Marci trying on sweet hats. I need a cowboy hat. (And those cowboy boots I showed you in July. I still want them and that means I should have them because God knows I deserve them. And I went to two churches today, so God wants you to buy them for me.)

Afterwards we hit the new wing of Tyson's Corner mall. Not that impressed, though I like all of the furniture stores. Starving, we headed off to Sweetwater Tavern where we finally were treated in the manner to which we are accustomed. There we enjoyed a pumpkin ale.

Mmmmm. I love this time of year.


5 Comments:

Blogger Run said...

Great pics! I shiver at the memory of Rt 66 ((shiver)) ick!! Looks liek you guys had a good time...you totally need to get those hats they look so cute!

what's on the rim of the pumpkin ale? Looks yummmmmmmmy

10/17/2005 09:41:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Dude, what's up with the no winning? Blasphemous, I say!

And Busted, the rim job on that beer was SOOO yummy! It was brown sugar and cinnamon and somethin' else and it went with the beer soooooo nicely!

Also, why do I look newly pregnant in these photos? Suck it in Marci! Suck it in!

10/17/2005 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

S'funny really....I was just talking about the weaved cowboy hats and how "in" they seem to be right now.

10/17/2005 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

Oh man, I'm so sad I never made it to Gold Cup, especially after reading and seeing your pix. It sounds like so much fun. I went to UVA and we had our annual party at the horseraces called Foxfield. When I moved to DC all everyone talked about was the grownup version of Foxfield -Gold Cup.

10/23/2005 04:28:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Mona, they have it twice a year. And last year it was pouring rain. But we still had fun. I think mostly because Marci and I get that we are there for free and there is booze and candy and eyesores walking around. Fun!
Come to town next Oct. We'll take you along!

10/24/2005 10:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home