Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Everyday we die a little bit. Now start living.

I watched a movie called "My Life Without Me" with Sarah Polley who could not be any more Canadian. She has truly the strongest accent I have ever heard, and I tend to mimic people's accents, so forgive me if I am soory or start asking you aboot things, eh?

So, the movie is about this young girl who at the ripe old age of 23, lives with her husband and two daughters in a trailer in her mum's backyard. She finds out she is going to die in three months. So she decides to live. Fall in love with a different man, get fake nails... Stuff that had evaded her.

I started thinking how I would live if I only had three months left to live. And I especially wondered why I don't live my life like I have only a short time left. If I took those chances, I would not overthink my actions. I would take risks, because in the end, who cares? It's only for three months. I bet the turn out would be far more positive than negative, because we are a lot more capable than we ever give ourselves credit for. Besides, we waste so much time regretting actions already taken and so much time thinking we can always do it later. Hell, I have all the time in the world. Then suddenly you are 50 years old, and alone and unaccomplished. All because you had all the time in the world.

One thing that bugged me about the movie: this girl is talking about how she held conjoined twin babies, who were abandoned, from their birth until their death. She held them for 30 hours. First the boy died, then the girl. UM!!! I call Bullsh**. As we all know, conjoined twins are from a single fertilized egg that did not separate completely. Therefore all conjoined twins must be identical and that makes it impossible for those twins to have been anything but the same sex. DUH! Ruined the whole movie for me.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that movie, and I'm sure there's some way you can have conjoined twins of different sexes.... maybe a wizard did it.

8/24/2005 09:44:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe one of them had an inutero sex change. Did you ever think of that!?!

8/25/2005 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Bug, see? There are two COMPLETELY PLAUSIBLE explanations here...stop over analyzing and gooooo with the floooow.

:)

8/25/2005 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Must watch the movie. Sounds like it'd make me weepy and emotional. Wait, what's new?

It's nice to be able to consciously live like 'this is it' but then you get restrained by worries brought on by "real life" and the push for conformity. I wish I could take it all lighter. I'm getting closer, I think.

8/25/2005 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Harmony said...

And I wish I could be the opposite, I think I live my life as though I only have a short time and wish I could become more serious and not so spur of the moment. Maybe I am just crazy and that's all there is to it.
As far as the twin thing, I wouldn't have even caught it, you are too much!

Cluss, watch the movie with me?

8/25/2005 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

I'm a little disappointed with my entry. I was a little lazy, which is a bummer because the topic had great potential. I just got too caught up in the whole errant siamese twin thing.

8/25/2005 05:39:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Aw, there's always room to revisit the topic on a less lazy day when thoughts of opposite sex siamese twins don't occupy your head. Save it for a philosophical day. Kisses!

8/26/2005 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger pstvnrgy said...

After reading a few of your posts... I have a movie recommendation!!! What The Bleep Do We Know? See what you think... and if you have already seen it... well, what did you think?

8/28/2005 11:07:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Is that really a movie? Hold on, I am gonna check Netflix.It is!

The neurological processes and "quantum uncertainty" of life are explored in this film. Thrust from her mundane life into an Alice in Wonderland-like world, Amanda (Marlee Matlin) must develop a brand-new perception of the world and the people she interacts with. Interviews with various experts are interspersed throughout the film, which combines narrative, documentary and animation. Elaine Hendrix, John Ross Bowie and Armin Shimerman also star.

Hmm, I am putting it on my list. Did you like it?

8/29/2005 06:56:00 PM  
Blogger pstvnrgy said...

I really liked it, but I am going to have to watch it again. It's a movie you really have to pay attention to.

Enjoy! :)

8/29/2005 07:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home