Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

ARGHHHHHH!!

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, on the wrong side of everything!, this morning. (But, hey! How do you like the structure of that sentence?)

I woke up late, after having dreams about my ex. Don't quite know how to decipher those yet, but they stuck with me all day, putting me in a funky mood.

I get to my parking lot where, instead of backing in to park, a woman who had just parked in an acceptable manner, stood in the space that I wanted my car to occupy. MOVE! MOVE! I wave her to go and she drops all her stuff. Then I decide to try to find another space, as she does not seem to want to go into the building, preferring to stand in the parking space. Of course, at that very moment, she darts into my path. Thank you! I pull around her and find another place to park. Remarkable.

I get into the building and stop in the kitchen for a bowl, spoon and some milk. I get to my desk, only to find that the cleaning people threw my very full box of Honey Nut Cheerios away. Don't they know I was lowering my cholesterol? Bastards. Where the hell do they get the idea to throw my cereal away? This was the straw that broke a Buggie's back.

So then, pouting, I turned on my computer only to find that the software they had installed yesterday had only been installed partially and now my computer needed to crash. So for the rest of the day, our computer people spent all their time installing and reinstalling everything on my computer, punctuated by not-so-veiled comments and mutterings about a virus and how evil my internet use was. Um, EVERYTHING IS BLOCKED! I can't have let a virus in. The only emails I open are from people I know... Within the company... Suck it, IT folk. You did not install software right. Now just admit it.

So then, I got to deal with one of our IT guys who is a bit random and would not shut up. There is something about him that makes me viciously passive aggressive.

Me reading a magazine...
IT guy: Is that a magazine?
Me: Um, yeah. That's what they call these glossy paged periodicals.
IT guy: Do you like to read magazines?
Me: Nope. Hate them. I like to use my computer.
IT guy: You ever try online dating?
Me: Um, no.
IT guy: You don't need to. Bet you get hit on a lot.
Me running off to pour acid on my body.

In any case, I could not do a damn thing all day. My computer is still broken and all I did was run around annoying people. (More-so than usual.)

Name dropper boss said, " Boy, Buggie. What's with you today? You sure are annoying.. " Um, thanks, name dropper boss. Why don't you eat my shorts.

Big boss said to me, "Don't you have anything to do? "
I said, "Nope. Just gonna hang out with you."
He sent me home at 4:00.

5 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

I have cocktails at my house Buggie, you can stop by and drink them with me? And here I thought you were off today or at least offsite. Poor thing! Let's trade jobs tomorrow. We'll just show up at the wrong job and act like everything's kewl.

"What do you mean, 'who am I'? You don't know my life!"

8/23/2005 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Man, I just realized I am total blog-alcohol-pusher...you, Claudette, Bekkah, her baby nephew. I need help?

Dear Alcho,
Can you help me?

8/23/2005 07:48:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Marsh, you can go to AA with me, it's lots of fun!!! :) We will find other things you can push on people!!!

Bugs, SENDING you LOTS and LOTS of love, hope today is a wonderful day for youa nd the rest of the week. See you tomorrow, it will be a SUPER day.

8/24/2005 09:29:00 AM  
Blogger pstvnrgy said...

Sounds like my week last week!

I hope you got a new box of Cheerios and I'm sorry you had to deal with the dumb IT guy. I have a couple IT related posts on my blog as well. I feel that for the most part, they are useless! He was obviously more interested in your dating status than in fixing your pc.

I hope this week is going much better! I know mine is! :)

8/29/2005 07:51:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Thanks! I think this week will be great. My friend Mark is in town and I get to hang out with him. He may be the funniest male I have ever met.
My mom is coming home tomorrow.
I have a full box of Apple Jacks at work.
My boss is out tomorrow.
And while my computer is still being a jack lassiter, It's nothing I need the IT Guy for.
Yay!
Thanks!

8/29/2005 08:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home