Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Your time saving maneuver is wasting my time.

I was late to work today. I got to the parking lot at 7:50, but not to my desk until 8:02. Why, you ask? Because the car in front of me in the parking lot had to back into the parking space. First it was a 15 point maneuver just to attempt the space which they managed diagonally. Then it took about 12 tries to get the car straightened out. Unfortunately, the way our lot is set up, it is nearly impossible to get around the car in front of you. So, thanks dude, for taking 652 hours to park backwards just in order to be able to pull out of the space five seconds quicker than had you pulled straight in. Jackass.

Related: I finally passed this guy and pulled into a space and was walking towards the building before that person had even finished parking completely. WTF?!?!?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously have never understood people obsession with parking like that, unless they are planning on making a 'getaway' or something. Therefore I think they should just arrest everyone who does it, you know, to be on the safe side.

8/18/2005 07:56:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

Bekkah - Not you! Say it isn't so...we protest against these people. Bug feels very strongly! So strongly that I feel shame if I overshoot a parking space and have to do the back in thing ... Even though the angle is just better at this point, I still fear the wrath.

Rich - You can come down here and protest with us -- we'll make signs and dread our hair and spill fake blood on the cars of all that dare to attempt 155-point parking in reverse.

8/18/2005 10:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good ! I wll be back

joe

##keywordf##

8/19/2005 08:50:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"But I don't like SPAM!"

8/19/2005 08:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoah, you got spam-pwn3d.

This must mean you are famous now.

8/19/2005 09:27:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Well, I certainly feel more powerful now that I have been heavily spammed.
Bekkah! Too funny.
I may have to attempt a 283 point parallel parking job when we go out next week. That'll be my next rant. I don't get why people who live in the city can't freakin' parallel park!

8/19/2005 06:17:00 PM  
Blogger jeanne said...

Why is it only MEN who feel the need to do this? WTF?

8/27/2005 04:37:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

You know what's weird? It is always the unpleasant women at my office who do it. Hmm...

And, Bekkah, my parallel parking on Thursday was unparalleled. Slid right in. I am the champion.

8/29/2005 09:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home