Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Hi-Ho the derry-O. The Buggie and the Dell.

I am trying to buy a laptop computer. I went to the usual sites and perused the offerings. At some point I picked Dell to be the supplier of my take-with-me-everywhere-and-do-really-cool-things-with toy, probably because my company uses Dell and if something goes awry, I can beg for help from our crack computer staff. So I spent the whole day configuring different models with the help of two very computer savvy friends. (Thanks!!!)
A couple of important things to know about me is that
1. I am not great with choices. I have a minor panic attack when trying to pick an ice cream flavor from Baskin Robbins 31 flavors to choose from!! It is too hard. What if I get the mint chocolate chip, but as soon as I taste it I realize that the peanut butter fudge ripple would actually suit my palette better? I guess, to summarize, I over-think EVERYTHING!
2. I consult my friends because I really just want them to tell me that the one I picked out is perfect and woo-hoo, way to pick ‘em, baby! But instead, I have intelligent friends. And I usually pick the ones who have an interest in whatever it is I am seeking help on and therefore, they have all sorts of ideas. And I come unglued and don’t buy anything at all. I am exceptionally bad when it comes to buying expensive things, because my over-thinking ways have a tendency of making me sweat and then decide that AUGH! It’s too hard. Never mind! I can’t be allowed too many choices. I need to pick what I want and go with it so that I don’t regret it later. But while an over-thinker I may be, once I make my mind up about something, I am usually set. (Stubborn German!) So my wish for today is that I would not be an over-thinker. Life would be sooo much easier. (Yeah, I’m neurotic. Lemme alone.)

I did finally buy one last night. It is HIGH END! And I think I got a good deal. only issue... I won't get it until middle of August. Dernit. I want my stinking toy now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

I know, I'm totally impatient to play on my new toy right now as well. It sucks that the delivery takes so fricking long. I need it now. Patience is not mine. I want the laptop to be mine, though, now.

We'll have to name our Dells and meet up at Starbucks and let our Dells play together and network. It'll be cute.

G'night Bugs.

7/20/2005 11:50:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think you'll be pretty pleased with your purchases ladies. You both got good deals pricewise.

7/21/2005 01:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home