Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, July 15, 2005

I've got a golden ticket!

I saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" today. It is so much better than the original. They actually read Roald Dahl's book before making it. Did you know that Roald Dahl so hated the original that he refused to let them make a sequel? (Which would be "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator". Another great Dahl classic. Yeah, I loved his books.)
I was especially fond of a few things in the movie.
  • The Oompa Loompa "Britney Spears-from Oops I did it again" video, red latex ensemble. Sweet!
  • When Willy Wonka turned to go into the great glass elevator and BOOM! hit the glass and fell down. Hahahahahaha. That is always classic.
  • The idea of a forest of candy. Yeah. That's sounds all right!
  • The fact that Violet Beauregard looks like Madonna. But seriously. I think it's random. Yet cool. Especially when you contemplate the intense similarities between Willy Wonka and Michael Jackson. Of course Madonna has to make an appearance.
  • Willy Wonka's teeth bear an uncanny resemblance to Hilary Duff's new teeth. But they were somehow more pleasing on him. (But it is Johnny Depp. Nothing wrong with that boy.)
  • Willy Wonka looks an awful lot like the guy who beheaded his neighbor in Canada before coming to the good ole US of A. Kind of like Martin said. He seemed like he was bathed in embalming fluid. Yipes. (Yet, I like it.) (I originally wrote elmbalming fluid.... That is what they use for dead trees.) I foresee a huge increase in sales of white eyeliner. (Please see lower lids.)

What I did not like was:

  • I cannot stay awake in movies. What am I, 84 years old? (No offense. It is a lovely young age. But people who are 84, I would think tend to nap through movies... No?)
  • That I stayed until the blue screen popped up. For NOTHING! Whatever happened to those last snippets of entertainment in a movie, after the credits? Especially after a sardonic movie like this? How do the filmmakers expect people to give credit to their gaffers and best boys and dolly grips and such, if they don't give incentive to stay through the abysmally long and boring credits? Bastards.
  • That the movie cost $9.50. Holy smokes.
  • Grandpa Joe freaked me out. I will be having nightmares about him and his frightening little dance.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the fact that you used the word sardonic in a sentence.

7/16/2005 04:22:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Oh, you are not kidding. The squirrel scene was totally scary. Those critters freak me out anyway. I am always afraid one will come a-lunging at me. Marci has a tail-less squirrel living under a bush near her house. We call it a squirnny, because it looks like a half bunny.

7/16/2005 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Think I should take Tricia and Tyra, or not so much? I want to see it, but I have heard so many different things baout it, Buggie, thoughts?

7/18/2005 09:25:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Do they like fantasy? I dunno. I liked it. but i loved Roald Dahl books when i was little and this one tries to stay true to it. I think they would love it.

7/18/2005 10:33:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The first book I can ever remember reading was in first grade. "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator"

7/18/2005 11:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home