Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

I want a kid like Rory. Anyone want to help me with that?

Good Lord! I am watching "Brat Camp" (Of course I am. It is a reality show and I am apparently addicted...). it is about these kids that through their behaviors (failing school, staying out all night, alcohol, drugs, insane disrespect), have become the greatest scourge of the Earth. They range from age 14 to 17. They are sent to a camp, in the middle of nowhere, for up to 3 months to work on their bad behaviors. Now, I know I was a total goodie goodie, but how the hell does a kid turn out this way? Is it lack of attention by parents? Is it a horrific experience? What is to say that my kid won't turn out like these? (I want a kid.) I can't imagine being scared of my child. I couldn't have imagine saying the things these kids say to my mother. I cannot comprehend this. And while I love what they are doing on this show to get these kids to get their lives back on track, what is to keep them from reverting once they are back amongst the things that made them the way they are in the first place?


On an unrelated note... When did I start taking everything so damn seriously? I am completely incapable of writing anything funny. I used to be somewhat fun. Dammit. I know what it is. But I can't talk about it here.
:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Who names their kid Rory? Not even the English use that anymore ... well, at least not the ones that love their kids.

Whenever I hear the name Rory I think of the old Garbage Pail Kids and Gory Rory.

7/15/2005 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Cleaned out a box last night and found Garbage Pail Kids, but not that one, they make me giggle, oh to be young again.

So glad Tricia and Tyra are not going to be like this, cause I will hurt them if they even try to come at me!!!

7/15/2005 01:44:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Totally contemplated the kid thing last night and hooooey! Who was I kidding. Wanted to be a single parent? I won't even get a dog becauseI am not home enough. (And I don't want the burden of the responsibility weighing solely on my wee little [okay, maybe not so wee] shoulders.)

7/15/2005 08:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home