Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Let me be a bitch. Then you'll like me. You'll really like me.

My boss cracks me up. He has totally taken a fatherly role towards me. Usually he is on me to finish my degree, but lately he is contemplating my dating life. He has always had an opinion, however today's made me laugh. He thinks I am too hard to date. I swear to God this is what he said. "Buggie, you are a striking looking woman, with a fierce intellect who comes across as a complete ditz." (Um, thanks?) He went on to tell me I needed a seriously stable guy who would not be intimidated by me or feel insecure around me. (Whaa?!?) Then he theorized that I would end up with an older man who would probably decide that I am fun but not serious enough to date more than just casually. But he did throw in that the guy would have to be wealthy. (Damn, straight! Not really. I am not that materialistic. But it is nice not to have to worry about money.)

Now, I am smart enough. I just don't feel like I should have to demonstrate it with a dissertation on Proust everywhere I go.
I am cute enough, I guess. But this just seems to get me into trouble. Boys don't hit on me unles I approach them. Yet every guy I have ever dated has been super jealous. (Boys want a pretty girl in theory, but can't handle the realities of it.) Besides, I have never cheated on a guy. It is not in my nature. I tend to be completely into the person I am with. Why else would I be with them?
I like to have fun. I am sure I come off as goofy and ditzy. But I work hard, have a good job, can carry on a decent conversation, am friendly.
Do I need to start wearing a placard with all of my attributes?

2 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

One shant be allowed to lament on such things when one is being charmed by a cute boy.

7/15/2005 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger Buggie said...

And oohhhh soooo cute. You are right. Yay, cute boys.

7/15/2005 09:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home