Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Don't tell my heart, my achy breaky heart.

I was fondled twice in the chestular region today!
Turns out that breathing is a vital part of my day to day activities and since my sister did not pick up on the hint to fly here and administer vinegar to her ailing sister, I had to take my panting self to the doctor. There I was manhandled by a Polish Nurse (put your weird fantasies here... but keep them somewhat clean. My family reads this.) She placed electrodes all over me and I had my first EKG. (Shouldn't it be ECG - electrocardiogram?) She did not get my heart pumping too hard it seems. So off I wandered into a cardiologist's office where I was taken advantage of, again! I had a sonogram of my heart done there and it appears that my heart plays "Whip it!" by Devo.
I did get a talking to by the nurse in the cardiologists office that I am very sensitive, but that's a good thing. People need someone sensitive in their lives because life is hard, but that I shouldn't let myself get stressed out. She said I should stop being so stubborn and start to play the game. I told her that I don't want to play any games and she retorted that life is a game and I should think about what she said. And I told her I would, because I will. She knew me all of three seconds and could read me like a damn book. I wear my heart on my sleeve. Guess that's why she works at the cardiologist.
By the way, I think the diagnosis was a broken heart. We are going to run some more tests.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am anti game-playing too my sister! Maybe that is why we get along so famously. Well you are more famous than I with your toes spilling out over your strappy shoes. I will have to work on that. Perhaps I can have a wardrobe malfunction?

Anyways, I say don't play games (unless it's Pictionary or Balderdash -- two great games if you ask me), but be smart and look out for yourself.

-marci

6/29/2005 09:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and it IS also known as an ECG. The terms are interchangeable. EKG is abbreviated from the German Elektrokardiogramm.

-M

6/29/2005 09:59:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aye. The problem with games is that inevitably, there is a loser. I pity people who think of life and/or relationships as a game.

Here is a rare moment of candor for you: Love is not a game. It is not a feeling. (Lust is a feeling. Being in love is a form of chemical insanity.) Love is sacrifice. Love is not about what you can get, but what you are willing to give. It's easy to say I'll die for you it's another thing entirely to put your own selfishness aside for another person, more so someone who stares at you with hate. Love is a wife who cleans her husband and his soiled linens as he lies helpless in a bed dying of congestive heart failure. Love is a husband and wife who choose to keep the gift of a child they know is going to have mental and physical problems. Love is a husband who comforts his wife as she looses her hair, her beauty, her will, as she suffers and ultimately succumbs to a rare disease. Love is saying I will hold to my promise despite that fact that right now I want nothing to do with you.

You get the picture. Love is about selfless service and sacrifice for another.


Okay ... off to go write for Hallmark or something ... moment of candor over ... move along ... nothing to see here.

To blave.....

6/29/2005 10:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will make you laugh;

William Hung, best known as being the most memorable, rejected talent show contestant on Fox's American Idol has released an album of U.S. summer songs.

The album's first single will be Achy Breaky Heart, the country hit made famous by Billy Ray Cyrus. Cyrus is scheduled to appear in the tongue-in-cheek music video.

6/29/2005 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aww man!!! I was gonna' write about that in my blog after sailing tonight. :p

The thing that gets me is this dude is horrible. No voice, no stage presence, and dances worse than Elane. I'm all for self depricating humor, but not on a global level.

What really 'caught my eye were his back up dancers. What is possibly going through their mind? I KNOW they think this is their big shot but I can't help thinking ... that's the end of your dancing career. So sad ....

Anyhoo...gotta go sail....already 15min. late and 495 hates me.

6/29/2005 02:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home