Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Drink more water

I have been trying to drink a lot of water, lately. I figure that drinking water will keep me from jamming junk food in my mouth. So far it's done a pretty good job of that. My aim is about 4 1/2 liter bottles a day. I read that it actually boosts your metabolism. A study in Britain found that after drinking approximately 17 ounces of water (slightly more than 2 glasses), the subjects' metabolic rates increased by 30% for both men and women. The increases occurred within 10 minutes of water consumption and reached a maximum after about 30 to 40 minutes. This comes to about 25 calories burned per 16 ounces of water. But I wonder if you burn the calories because you are running back and forth to the potty.

2 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

According to the commercial that I keep seeing, drinking more water will make me pretty and smiley so that is why I drink it. That and hydration just feels really good, especially that first cool drink of water in the morning when you feel it actually running down the inside of your body and washing over your tummy. That feels good. Deer Park, now that's good water.

1/13/2005 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You totally stole this resolution from my list.
(grrr)

1/14/2005 04:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home