Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Almost forgot...

I almost forgot about my promise to write something every day. How quickly good intentions float away into the atmosphere. But I grasped onto the string of that balloon and firmly yanked it back down to earth and am writing to you now. I worked a 13.5 hour shift at my bar today. I am tired. However, I have a little story about getting old for you.

A few days ago, I got a coffee. I held it in my left hand and my left hand started to shake like crazy. I could not control it at all. It was freaky and exhausting. I thought holy cow, I am getting Parkinsons. So scary. I held the coffee in my right hand and it was still, but the left hand had a little coffee dance to do. I went and did some work and tried to not think about it.
Later than evening, I realized my forearm muscle was on fire. Then I thought back about how I had hit golfballs the day before. Then I thought about how I have not really exercised much lately. Then I thought about my Parkinsons. Then I realized I need to work out more. I don't have Parkinsons, I have an arm muscle that is shaking in confusion as to what the heck happened to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

So happy to hear that you are Parkinsons' free. But a 13.5 hour shift? GAH! That is not right!

5/17/2010 02:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home