Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Oscar Picks

Actor -- Leading: My pick Philip Seymour Hoffman. He was so consistant in this role and truly seemed to capture all of Capote's Nuances.
Actress -- Leading: I did not get to see all of this films, so I am going to go with Reese Witherspoon for Walk the Line, though I do believe Felicity Huffman will get it if not Reese.
Actor -- Supporting: George Clooney for Syriana. I did not see Syriana but he seems like a strong contender. If not him, my second choice is Matt Dillon.
Actress -- Supporting: Frances McDormand. She is fantastic. But second for me here would be Rachel Weisz.
Best Picture: I am hoping Crash will win. It is the only film nominated that is not a period piece. Plus, I think they tackled a difficult subject unflinchingly and made it good. I loved that flick.
Documentary Feature: March of the Penguins
I am bored with this. No more picks. Wish me luck so's I can keep Walk the Line.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, your picks were a little TOO good. I smell fish!

3/06/2006 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Marci said...

She did not win. D-Mac won. AND he came late. AND he waited until the last minute to confirm his attendance. I don't think he derserves to win. I think the prize should go to the runner up. Aka, ME!

3/06/2006 12:10:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Wow, of those picks I only missed one. Shame that I missed soooo many of the others. Dave did win. He is the big weener.

3/06/2006 09:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home