Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Friday, July 22, 2005

Ye olde story

My Godson turned 11. (11! Holy crap. How old am I?) We celebrated amongst the knights and wenches at Medieval Times. I really love my Godson. I think I demonstrated it well by only complaining a little bit about the two hours it took me to drive 45 miles. 10 miles in 60 minutes. I love DC traffic. I love everything about DC. So, there I am. Moving in first gear, talking on the cell phone (Yeah, I am THAT girl) to my friend whom I am going to meet. She tells me her folks are running late, too. I tell her I will call when I am close to Medieval Times (MT). I figure I will get there before her folks. I am wrong. So I get to MT and call. No answer. I stand in front looking around like an idiot. No one there. I call again. No answer. Now, you should know that you need a ticket to get into this event. I do not have one. I stood around calling her cell for 15 minutes. Yep, that's how long it took her to answer. I love her, but once she gets things situated for herself, she tends to forget about anyone else. But I finally got in and got to enjoy a super cool show with dancing Andalusian horses and jousting and swordfights and a falconer. The horses were unbelievable. The food was pretty good, too. We had chicken and a rib and everything was very greasy. They only supplied us each with one napkin and a wetnap. not enough, my friends. Especially when the feisty 14 month old pulls the grog mug down and pours the contents out on his mother.
The end.

4 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

I'm getting more and more intrigued by this place and will have to go at some point.

Glad you were finally let in and that you all had such a nice time. I heard K's having another baby! Wow, she's a fertile one! :-D

7/23/2005 03:34:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

9 months and 10 minutes apart are they?

7/23/2005 11:14:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

Where is Midevil Times around here? I can only picture the one that is off the turnpike outside of Chicago. Perhaps because I just drove past it a few days ago? But, no, seriously. Where is it? It's crazy to think about the babies we played with a decade ago that are now all grown up.

Can someone around here have a newborn please? Is that too much to ask?

7/25/2005 05:12:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Medival times is in Arundel Mills Mall. Near B'more.

8/01/2005 07:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home