Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

eh Boo-Boo, want a pickanick basket?

I went to our company picnic today. I will admit it was was mostly in hopes of winning one of the door prizes. They give out $500 Amex gift cards. Yeah, that sounds good to me. But alas, it did not go to me. We'll see if I ever attend a picnic again. Actually, we got a cooler and some pretty cool take home stuff and it's always fun to see people you only ever see in suits, in shorts.
But I realized that Boy! is my little clock ticking away. I think the only people I talked to were people with little kids. My friend's two year old grabbed me by the hand and we went and examined the pond and played with ants and sticks. That was exceptionally cool, because he is extraordinarily shy.
Then came the people who, finding out I am single, went on the blind date brigade.
Her: Oh Buggie, you are such a catch (thank you!). We have to find a guy for you.
Me: Uh, Thanks. Um, but... (looking around frantically)
Her: (deep in thought) What about my friend... He is super. (Mazillion questions..)
Other people: Whatchu guys talking about?
Her: finding a man for Buggie.
Them: you don't have a man?
Me: (Dying a thousand deaths)
Them & her: (Brainstorming)
Someone else: Hey, Buggie. your boss is here with his grandson.
Me: Yay! Another baby! Buggie out! (Look Marci, I copied you.)(then I bounded happily across the lawn. Free at last, free at last. Thank God almighty, I'm free at last.)

No blind dates, please. I think it is so sweet that people think highly enough of me to want to hook me up with their friends, but then the pressure is on! Because not only is it a possibility of not liking the guy, or him not liking me, but also of letting those friends down.

You know who does love me? Bugs. But I do not love them. They bite me and I swell to obscene proportions. Hello bugs?!? I AM YOUR LEADER. Stop biting me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marci said...

You ARE a catch Bug. And if I knew of a somewhat equal catch of a single boy I would so date him right now...er...set him up with you. It's crazy to me that people try to set you up. No one has ever tried to set me up. Have never even been on a blind date even. Bug, have you been on a blind date? Do blind dates really exist or are they a product of television?

8/01/2005 02:38:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

I don't even think I could even say "even" anymore that I have. Even.

8/01/2005 02:39:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Haha, you are a funny one.
Yes, I have been on a blind date. Many moons ago. It was a terrible experience and I started making up horrendous stories so he would not want to talk to me any more and I believe that just made him like me more. which in turn scared ME more.

8/01/2005 07:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home