Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Live now or forever hold your peace

Today, today. Oh, glorious day. My new laptop and I are finally together. It's weird to type on this thing. Boy, laptops sure are different. I got the tiniest, cutest little mouse as well. It is literally an inch by two inches. CUTE!
I took my new laptop to Starbucks to weasel some of their wi-fi and alas, coffee in hand, 'puter turned on, you have to have T-Mobile. Well, I can't stand people asking me "where I'm at". I find it to be the worst abuse of the English language, and therefore will never subscribe to their service. But, I did find myself with coffee in hand, decaf.. (I know! But I am already having enough trouble sleeping lately.) and read the cup. The sage words coming from Jill Scott, the singer. I really liked what she said and therefore I am going to quote my Starbucks coffee cup.

Embrace this right now life while it's dripping, while the flavors are excellently woesome. Take your bites with bravery and boldness since the learning and the growing are here in these times, these exact right nows. Capture these times. Hold and kiss them because it will soon be very different. - Jill Scott
It's exactly what I was telling a friend to do earlier today. And it is something I want to do. Seize today! Capture it! In all the misery and pain and joy and laughter.. there is so much to be taken out of every experience. I implore everyone to take every chance and really live. I'd much rather rub my bruised arse because of something I have done than have everyone admire my unblemished life when I am 80 and horribly hollow for lack of any substance inside of myself. Is making a mistake now better than a life of regret? I think so.
This is my first post through my new Dell (and my larcenous use of my neighbor's wireless internet. Thank you!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Claudia said...

[sniff][sniff] I'm so proud of your hacker moment of triumph! Right on my Inspiron twin!

Thought you meant Jill Scott the Starbucks barista...

I just turned mine one about an hour ago and love it so much too. It's lightweight (compared to the VAIO I had before surprisingly), pretty, the keyboard feels inviting and it's Enigma-like music soundtrack when getting it set up was really nice too.

I used my own wireless connection fair and square tonight though so I'm not nearly as bad ass as you were.

7/27/2005 11:53:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

I love Jill Scott, she is a great writer, very inspiring. Makes me happy you were inspired!! I think I seize the day too much and this is why I am broke all the time. All I can think about when I want to do something is doing it at that moment and not any repercussions that may follow, but I think I am this way in a lot of areas in my life, spontaneous.

Glad you love your new computer too.

7/28/2005 08:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! laptop's here! yay! stealing internet usage!

YOU inspire me.

Jen

7/28/2005 05:01:00 PM  
Blogger Marci said...

I'm gonna live forever, I'm gonna learn how to fly.
High!

I feel it coming together, people will see me and cry.
(especially if my hair looks as bad today as it did yesterday)

Sorry, for some reason the title of this post made me sing this song. I've had random song affliction for some time now. On my run yesterday it was (get ready for it), Rock Me Amadeus. :|

7/29/2005 09:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your absolutely right...I love that you dream.

7/30/2005 10:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home