Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Work clothes

Okay, so this is another old one. What, am I on holiday that I need to dig up old material to fill my deadline? Actually, no. But I have not had time to write anything and I keep finding these hilarious things I have written in the past. Okay, maybe not hilarious... But good enough. So read it. Gosh!


What is the deal with skirts? Has the feminist movement gotten us nowhere? Men don’t wear skirts, why should I have to? In an office where I might be seen by outside forces, I understand the concept of power dressing. Maybe also if I felt that my career choice to date was one I planned to pursue to the top, then I would be compelled to dress like a CEO. But the fact is, I don’t. I also am not seen by outside forces. The people who pass my cubicle only see me from the waist up. Maybe I could be like an anchorperson and wear a suit top and shorts. Come on now, is the way I dress going to affect the work I do? Can you tell by reading this if I am wearing a double-breasted suit or a pair of cut off Wranglers (not that Wranglers are even in my closet. But who knows, they might make a statement. One that does not say, “Look at me! I’m a cowboy!” Though I kind of want to be a cowboy. So maybe I should go get a pair of Wranglers.) I have a pair of Z. Cavaricci jeans. I love them. They are a throw back to the 70’s, no? I feel like one of Charlie’s Angels in them. They are a bit snug. Every time I wear them, my mother says “Who shot you into your pants?” (Come to think of it, she says that about all my jeans…) Back to dressing for work. Ok, we have an image to uphold. Understood. But, adding insult to injury, pantyhose? Ugh. I would love to see a guy walk around in pantyhose for an hour, much less eight. If they want ladies to cover their legs, then why the big push to wear skirts? Another thing, why are all work clothes dry clean only? Not only did I shell out $300 for this suit, but I also have to pay $15 every time I want to wear it again. AND, if I really want to look good, there is another $60 payment for tailoring. Plus, I had to take a class on French twisting my hair. What am I, a cop? Afraid that if I leave my hair down someone will tug on it and use it as a weapon on me? (Actually, with one person I know, it might be good for me to keep my hair out of reach.) I never did learn how to French twist. It is more of a Montreal twist. I also had to get all new makeup for the daytime look. (Ok, so I didn’t. But who can resist those awesome Christian Dior lip-glosses?) I think I need a raise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You want to see a guy walk around in pantyhose for an hour? Ew.

That's kinda' kinky there B.

3/31/2005 09:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home