Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

In my stars

My horoscope today:
 
Cancer
For Wednesday, August 29 - Sometimes a good memory can be a blessing, and sometimes it can be a curse -- like today, when a fading friendship makes you wistful for the way things used to be. On the other hand, there is a new acquaintance in your life, and you should feel happy that you have the time you need to build the relationship -- there is a lot of potential there, and you can sense it. People enter and exit your life, and sometimes exits are for the best. Do not think of ending a relationship as a failure.
 
My horoscopes are generally eerily accurate. This is no different. I just got to spend some time with a friend I have not seen in about 7 years. We all got together at her house, just like we used to at Harms and Marci's house ever so many years ago. It was so great to get the 5 of us together again and it did make me wistful for times past. 
 
The ex and I are completely through after giving each other a half hearted re-try. He believed that after 5 years of absolutely corroding any good feelings I had for him, he could just pop his head back in, say sorry, and we'd be like we were when we first met. It did not work that out way, and once he learned that he would actually have to put some effort into it, he gave me the whole "I can't give you what you want" speech. Truthfully, I am glad. He was no good for me. Maybe I was infatuated with him when we met, but it was a long time ago and many things have changed. At least they have changed for me. I am glad I gave it a try, if for nothing else, to know that he is not a part of how I see my future. I don't believe I will ever entertain the notion of "what if" with him. But I thought maybe we could be cordial and after some time had passed, I sent him a text saying best wishes with his job. He responded with an attack about our relationship. So, the friendship is not a part of my future, either. Meh, what can you do? As my horoscope says "sometimes exits are for the best".
 
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is crazy for me too, of course last weekend impacted me the same, having us all together like no time had passed was wonderful and driving home yesterday I thought I saw Ryan and it was the first time since we parted that I didn't really care. I sat at the light and thought, FINALLY...I am done and have let go. It is a good feeling just to know and not have any what-if's floating around. Tis true about the sometimes exits are for the best and even if we don't understand during those moments it all comes full circle in the end.

8/30/2007 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home