Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sum Yung Gai

I overheard a co-worker ordering Chinese food from a local delivery place yesterday and have since had a hankering for the aforementioned cuisine. So today, though not feeling 100%, I ordered me up some chicken fried rice. I was so excited and practically hopped to the door when it was delivered. Please don't judge me on having it delivered. It is free and they only have to walk across the street, which means I could have picked it up by walking across the street, but we are not talking about me here, okay?
I sat down with a couple of co-workers to experience the heavenly delight of hot, greasy rice kernels coupled with chicken and egg pieces.
Eating Chinese food is much like having a one night stand. You bring it home, thinking what a great idea it is. You indulge yourself for a half hour (or however long it takes) and then you push it away, feeling disgusted and regretting every move. You may even think, damn. I am going to pay for this later.
 
Besides, you're hungry again an hour later. (You skank).
 
:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

clever girl.

8/10/2007 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Excerrent anarogy Buggie.

I had a friend (she's Asian, mind you) call to order Chinese and she ordered Moo Shu Pork with no veggies. The man on phone sighed and repeated "Ok, you like Moo Shu Pork, no Moo Shu! Ready in tirty minute". Out of context, only has to do with Chinese. Right, I'm rambling on your blog. I like saying Moo Shu.

8/10/2007 12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What exactly is it about Chinese food that's so yummy ... and then ... after eating it you think to yourself, "Damn." Just damn.

I was thinking of ordering Chinese food tonight but now.....not so much.

8/12/2007 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Buggie said...

Way to keep it real, Denver. The lack of oxygen must be hard for your wee little pea brain.

10/30/2008 01:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home