Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

They do say that Jesus was born in April or May or something like that....

I was driving home from work yesterday and flipping through the radio stations as I am apt to do when I noticed that the song I mysteriously stopped upon was none other than "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". He is? Now? Does he realize it is July? Yeah, the weather has been a bit wonky and maybe it is a little cooler than usual, but I can't imagine the little elves having been able to crank out all the Apple i-phones that everyone will be having on their wish-lists this year.
I kept listening, and Bruce Springsteen said "Santa Claus is hahahah". That part of the song has always creeped me out a bit. Why is he laughing? What is so very funny that makes him break from the lyrics in order to laugh? It's like he knows something. And if Santa is coming to town in July, I feel like me and Mr. Springsteen should discuss our options.
I got to my home and did what I always do: make nachos and grab the television remote. I was flipping channels to see which re-run I should watch (because it is SUMMER) when I noticed that the Home Shopping Network (Or the other network which is exactly like the Home Shopping Network) was having Christmas in July. Whatthehell?
I always have thought it is bad enough when I have not yet even tasted turkey and Silver Bells are tinkling (tingling?) (Twinkling?) (What is it that bells do exactly? In Germany, they go Klingelingeling.) at me. The last few years have been demonstrating the need to sell Christmas wares in stores prior to the release of the latest Halloween masks.
 
This is out of control!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't bells go dingalingaling?

7/27/2007 01:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, XM has a "Christmas in July" station right now...it was a little weird to hear that in 90-degree weather, but whatever works.

7/29/2007 09:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home