Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Evan Almighty (sucky)

I watched Evan Almighty. Wow, what a cinematic gem this was. It was hard to stomach the premise from the start because God made a covenant with Noah after the original floods subsided, saying that he would never flood the Earth again. Hence, the rainbow. ("I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of a flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth." Gen. 9:8)
We do find that God did not truly break his covenant. Instead, a lot of time was wasted, and probably some lives were lost, in order to make a point about corrupt politicians.
Why bring in two of each animal? Is the wildlife population in Northern Virginia more diverse than I had ever realized? Was it necessary to gather them all up in case the minute flood got out of hand? Perhaps the bear and coyote issues that we have been seeing in the news of late came to an end thanks to Evan's ark. OR maybe this was also a commentary on the National Zoo, who was having an exceedingly difficult time keeping animals alive, you know due to putting rat poison out and just having a generally murder-y time. (They seem to be better now...)
Why did he have to look like Noah? Was it to humiliate Evan? I mean, I think I got it. I think the movie was trying to say that politicians are jerks who ruin the environment. (See Evan's Hummer, Home, Etc..)
Watch out, Capitol Hill. Your corruption will be repaid by an alpaca spitting gunk in your face.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Buggie said...

Also, if Morgan Freeman really was God, wouldn't his teeth be white and straight?

7/08/2007 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home