Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

George Washington remains a stranger to me.

Dear Washington Nationals,
My friends and I were super excited to get tickets for the July Fourth game. As it was an early game (12:05pm), we decided that a breakfast tailgate was in order. Delicious treats were prepared and mimosa's were enjoyed while some of us pretended to study for the bar. (Ok, one of us. But we were so excited to get her out that we indulged the occasional comment on an amendment.)
We picked up our tickets at will call after standing in an incredibly long but very fast moving line. (Where was my birthday present, ticket seller Jesse?)
Fired up about our America's Birthday gift from the Nationals, we ran inside only to find that no bobbleheads were being given out. We went and stood in the bobblehead line to be told that without a voucher, we would get nothing. No bobblehead for you! (By the way, what is up with the Teddy Roosevelt bobblehead? That is what nightmares are made of!)
Meanwhile, people are walking by with four or five boxes. No wonder there were none left for us. We also found out that they only had 20,000 of them. Why so few? Is this a Capitals playoff game? Prepare for the crowds, Nationals! Prepare for the crowds. You let me down. I am extremely bitter. I wanted my little founding father to sit on my desk and nod at me when I get frustrated at work and need some encouragement. You prevent this, Nationals. If I have a bad day, I will blame it on you. So easily you could have given me a little shot of enthusiasm. Instead you led me on and let me down.
Disappointed, we went (empty handed) to our seats. Needing to drown our sorrows, we went outside our section where the beer seller was a total tool. So I kicked him. (In my imagination). I think that you fired him, though, because he was no where to be found after our first beer. Good move.
Oh, and where the hell is Ryan Church? Huh? Where?
The team (even though they were missing Ryan Church) sensed our anger and kicked ass on the field. Great game, you guys!

I want my bobblehead.

6 Comments:

Blogger Law-Rah said...

I fear my lack of GW bobblehead is going to make me fail the bar.

7/08/2007 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger chanuck said...

You preach it sista!

We want what should be ours!

7/08/2007 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger Harmony said...

Here's where they all are...

http://search.ebay.com/george-washington-bobblehead_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfposZ20191QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsabfmtsZ1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsadisZ200QQsaobfmtsZinsifQQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ2QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunknown

I will get you one if you want!! :)

7/09/2007 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger vixen said...

that's the saddest story. ever.

7/09/2007 04:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am ever so vexed, do we try again, for a different Founding Father?

7/09/2007 05:17:00 PM  
Blogger DCSportsChick said...

Yes, try again!

How about Teddy?

7/09/2007 09:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home