Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Poor Curious George. In trouble again.

Aw, all the papers are making a big deal about GW Bush accidentally saying 1776 instead of 1976 when telling America about the Queen's last visit here to help celebrate the bicentennial (from which I have a healthy collection of quarters, thankyouverymuch. Quarters that I won't spend even though they are only worth 25 cents and are not truly that fantastic in any way...)
I almost feel sorry for him. How many times I have slipped and said incredibly stupid stuff? (Not an invitation to chime in, you guys. Maybe I should turn off comments for this one...) Like the time I was at dinner with my family, and my sister and her husband were visiting. I apparently was having a difficult time with boys and said to my brother-in-law, "I hate your sex!" He turned red, my sister burst into raucous laughter and I slunk, horrified, from the table, never to live that one down.
At least George did not say anything about her sex, be it gender related or otherwise.
Okay, so he can be rather boneheaded. And yes, aging a woman, a leader of a country, another 200 years may not be the best political move. But it was a flub.
 
I can't believe I am standing up for him. But seriously, let him be. He's done worse.

2 Comments:

Blogger sunchaser said...

You're right of course..he's done alot worse!

They've been airing that documentary that Nancy Pelosi's daughter Alexandra did about Bush on the campaign trail in 2004. I guess it only aired on HBO at the time, which is too bad, because the level of "buffoonery" that you see on it by "Curious George" is really astounding (IMHO).

The scary question is whether or not it would have made any difference whatsoever in the polls if it had been widely viewed?

5/08/2007 05:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, this is what he does. He screws up when he talks so people will make fun of him, and then people will feel sorry for him. He really doesn't need your pity though, despite what you might think, he's not crying himself to sleep every night on his giant bed stuffed with money. You might as well feel sorry for Paris Hilton or the New York Yankees.

5/09/2007 02:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home