Ah Bugger

The vapid utterings of a neurotic mind.

My Photo
Name:
Location: DC, United States

I ain't too proud to bug.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"Death always waits. The door of the hearse is never closed."*

Excuse me, Dodge Magnum wagon driver. Why are you driving a modern, socially (sort of) accepted hearse? Are you having fond memories of Harold and Maude? Do you have latent sexual fantasies of being a necromancer? What depraved thoughts guided you towards spending your money on a vehicle that probably came with a promotional Dodge coffin for the back? Are you chauffeuring around your dead hopes and dreams?


*Quote by Joseph Bayly

Who is Joseph Bayly? I dunno. Seems like he wrote books to be read to Sunday School classes. I wasn't vested enough to look very hard. His quote was just useful for my purposes. Thank you. Mgmt.

4 Comments:

Blogger chanuck said...

Hey quit bustn' on the wagon. I would sooner drive the Magnum as the family car, than the mini-van. The Magnum is totally marketed to the guy market. To guys that love the old 50's style wagon that was tricked out, this is a godsend. Still My Family car is still the Jeep Wrangler. Even if the new version will take a bit getting use to.

10/11/2006 10:49:00 PM  
Blogger MyTwoCents said...

Did anyone else read "necromancer" and have an underwhelming desire to watch Chronicles of Riddick again?

My $0.02.

10/11/2006 11:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was in high school, I wanted to buy a hearse, make it all fancy and stuff on the inside, then paint "Lady Killer" on the side (Kind of how pilots have their call signs on the side of the plane). How awesome would that be?!


(After reading that, now I understand why I'm single!)

10/12/2006 11:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People should drive wagons instead of SUVs and Mini-Vans. They are less annoying and get better gas mileage. I'm just saying.

10/12/2006 11:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home